Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

My 11 Year Old Daughter Is Really Skinny?

Discuss Bulimia

Postby Seiji » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:16 am

I'm 19 and I have been naturally skinny my whole life. When I was 11 I was stick thin but when later on when I was around 16-17 I put on weight more, and my boobs, bum & hips came in. Some girls develop slower than others and you just have to be patient and let nature take it's course. Not every girl suits having a larger frame and some girls are naturally slim - your daughter might have a fast metabolism and she can't put on weight no matter what she eats due to her burning fat faster than others, but she will develop, but it takes some time.

If you think she is too skinny and you are worried for her health then you need to take her to her doctor's. She could be bulimic or she could be anorexic - however don't get the wrong end of the stick and think there's something wrong with her when they might not be. Just keep an eye - see how much she eats and what she is eating (high calorie foods and carbohydrates) and see what she does after - if she goes to the bathroom or she likes being left alone. How does she act? people who suffer from anorexia and bulimia tend to be very quiet, low confidence and have low self esteem and they act differently when they are around with different people, and they like being left alone. Is she suffering from any personal issues like bullying or is anything troubling her? Talk to your daughter and ask her how she is, and if anything is affecting her.

Take her to her doctor's if you want some peace of mind. Good luck xoxo
Seiji

Postby selden55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:17 am

Anorexia doesn't just mean being skinny. It's very psychological. Is she insecure? Does she lack confidence?
selden55

Postby kaelin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:21 am

Its possible she might be annorexic
kaelin

Return to Bulimia