Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Low Cholesterol Diet/cookbook? Prefer Recipes That Don't Use Mostly Hard-to-find Ingredients.

Low Cholesterol Diet/cookbook? Prefer Recipes That Don't Use Mostly Hard-to-find Ingredients.

Postby Warrick » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Mine is not terrible, but headed in the wrong direction. I have searched amazon but haven't found one I want yet. Appreciate diet and menu tips and cookbook rec.
Warrick

Postby Aldo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:11 am

HELENofTROY said: 1 Oops. I forgot about the salads...a couple of nights a week we have a huge salad...topped off with any leftover meat, cubed chicken breast, shredded pork loin...topped of with Italian dressing, South Beach brand. Low fat, of course
Aldo

Postby kinsella » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:20 am

Cooking Light I have the Cooking Light Super Fast Suppers cookbook and I love it. Most of the ingredients are pretty normal. There's a fabulous section of recipes made of very basic ingredients that everyone should have in their pantry all the time. Those are great for the days when I didn't plan ahead. I don't think any recipe I've tried so far has turned out to be gross.   Cooking Light is also a magazine you can subscribe to. They have tons of great cookbooks including a whole "best of" series. They take all the best recipes from the years' magazines and make a book. My sister has a few of those and loves them. I stick with things that take 30 minutes or less.   scottysgirl's Recommendations Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2007(Cooking Light Annual Recipes) Amazon List Price: $34.95 Used from: $10.99 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 9 reviews) Cooking Light Superfast Suppers: Speedy Solutions for Dinner Dilemmas(Cooking Light) Amazon List Price: $34.95 Used from: $12.96 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 16 reviews) 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook: Cooking Light Amazon List Price: $34.95 Used from: $9.85 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 75 reviews) Cooking Light Low-Fat Low-Calorie: Quick & Easy Cookbook(Low Fat Ways to Cook) Amazon List Price: $34.95 Used from: $5.31 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 1 reviews) Cooking Light Low-Fat, Low-Calorie Quick & Easy Cookbook(Cooking Light) Amazon List Price: $19.95 Used from: $22.97 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 2 reviews) scottysgirl 88 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
kinsella

Postby TerHeide » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:36 pm

use olive oil for cooking, in salads, on vegetables. i substitute either apple sauce or cranberry, whole, in baking brownies and cookies. it is less calories, heart healthy and tastes great. you can also use egg substitue to make it low cholesterol.  
TerHeide

Postby Azaryahu » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:04 pm

I have the Cooking Light Super Fast Suppers cookbook and I love it. Most of the ingredients are pretty normal. There's a fabulous section of recipes made of very basic ingredients that everyone should have in their pantry all the time. Those are great for the days when I didn't plan ahead. I don't think any recipe I've tried so far has turned out to be gross.   Cooking Light is also a magazine you can subscribe to. They have tons of great cookbooks including a whole "best of" series. They take all the best recipes from the years' magazines and make a book. My sister has a few of those and loves them. I stick with things that take 30 minutes or less.
Azaryahu

Postby Hassun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:38 am

heart healthy foods use olive oil for cooking, in salads, on vegetables. i substitute either apple sauce or cranberry, whole, in baking brownies and cookies. it is less calories, heart healthy and tastes great. you can also use egg substitue to make it low cholesterol.   inspire314 88 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Hassun

Postby karina » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:26 am

Mayo Clinic puts out excellent cookbooks for this!   edfoug's Recommendations The Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook: Simple Solutions for Eating Well Amazon List Price: $22.95 Used from: $3.40 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 8 reviews) The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook: Eating well for Better Health Amazon List Price: $24.95 Used from: $4.58 Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5(based on 12 reviews) edfoug 88 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
karina

Postby Brenten » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:29 am

Oops. I forgot about the salads...a couple of nights a week we have a huge salad...topped off with any leftover meat, cubed chicken breast, shredded pork loin...topped of with Italian dressing, South Beach brand. Low fat, of course
Brenten

Postby Pwyll » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:13 pm

you don?t have to become an exotic chef...it?s really quite simple...   Breakfast: Cheerios, oatmeal, SlimFast drink.   Lunch: V8 low sodium Yogurt drink Fruit cocktail, peaches, pears...low calorie   Supper:   Roasted chicken breast Lean pork loin roast Lean, 95% ground beef Whole grain breads 1% Milk Low fat cottage cheese Low fat yougut Smart Balance spread instead of butter White rice Baked potatoe (no sour cream) Skip the salt, add spices for flavor Eggbeaters instead of eggs Frozen bags of veggies...nuke in 8 minutes.   Don?t feel like cooking at all?  Healthy Choice Frozen dinners.   We?ve been on the ?heart smart? diet for years.  It really pays off!  
Pwyll

Postby MacDomhnall » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 am

To lower choleserol you don?t have to become an exotic chef...it?s really quite simple...   Breakfast: Cheerios, oatmeal, SlimFast drink.   Lunch: V8 low sodium Yogurt drink Fruit cocktail, peaches, pears...low calorie   Supper:   Roasted chicken breast Lean pork loin roast Lean, 95% ground beef Whole grain breads 1% Milk Low fat cottage cheese Low fat yougut Smart Balance spread instead of butter White rice Baked potatoe (no sour cream) Skip the salt, add spices for flavor Eggbeaters instead of eggs Frozen bags of veggies...nuke in 8 minutes.   Don?t feel like cooking at all?  Healthy Choice Frozen dinners.   We?ve been on the ?heart smart? diet for years.  It really pays off!   Sources: My experience   HELENofTROY's Recommendations Healthy Choice Grilled Turkey Breast Dinner, Frozen Food, 10 oz   HELENofTROY's Recommendations Slim-Fast Optima Ready To Drink, Rich Chocolate Royale, Twelve Count Pack(Pack of 2) Amazon List Price: $33.66 Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5(based on 1 reviews) Slim-Fast Optima Ready To Drink, French Vanilla, 12 Count Pack(Pack of 2) Amazon List Price: $33.66 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 2 reviews) Slim-Fast Optima Ready To Drink, Cappuccino Delight, Six Count Pack(Pack of 4) Amazon List Price: $33.66 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 4 reviews) Slim-Fast Optima Meal Shake Mix, Chocolate Royale, 12.83 Ounces(Pack of 3) Amazon List Price: $25.45 Average Customer Rating: 3.0 out of 5(based on 8 reviews) HELENofTROY 88 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
MacDomhnall

Return to South Beach Diet