Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Lose Weight Or Build Muscle?

Postby Tibault » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:31 pm

I just turned 17 less than a month ago and I realized that I was getting chunky. I'm 6ft 2in, and weigh about 180lbs. I hate not having a shirt on because of the way I look. So I decided to start working out and eat right. When I went to go look at supplements (creatine, protein etc ) the guy asked me if I wanted to lose weight or build muscle and i don't know what to pick. I want to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. I want to enjoy the summer and look amazing in the water with good abs, pecks, and arms. So do I focus on weight loss or go straight into weight lifting?
Tibault

Postby Colby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm

drink plenty of water
Colby

Postby Percival » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Percival

Postby Beathan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Today you select to attempt to overcome your one-rep maximum record. What is the best technique to organize because of this major lift? Which kind of warm-up? So what can you do psychologically? Should you modify your diet plan that time? ? Those issues is going to be solved in this system https://tr.im/anqK7 The Critical Bench program.

The Critical Bench is an application that really works. The Critical Bench program will teach you all you have to know and not only how to place excess weight to your benchbut also how to reside a you will need to help keep your diet clean and balanced to be able to have a healthy living and to gain faster more strength.
Beathan

Postby Godewyn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:36 pm

you CAN'T lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. Muscle weighs more than fat. Work on building muscle first by bulking, then after a few months or however long it takes you to feel satisfied with your results work on losing excess fat by cutting.
Godewyn

Postby Pepillo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:37 pm

If you want a comprehensive benchpress energy plan that include how to proceed each day, how many days of the week to work-out, just how many distributors and units you should accomplish, and any other ideas that will help someone break their gym's benchpress report! Then this is the plan for you https://tr.im/icNdO .

Critical Bench is significantly higher than a simple program to assist you with your bench, with Critical Bench you may learn that if a long forcing time of education there is nothing greater when compared to a pleasant hot shower. Not only does it feel nice and your wife will not complain about your stench but inaddition it boosts your healing. That is anything a majority of persons do not know but they could study from this program.

Also, with Critical Bench you may learn that the most essential portion of one's healing is the time when you sleep (this is as soon as your muscles grow). You need to get at the very least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each and every night.

Critical Bench will explain to you very exciting points, things that you didn't know and no different program let you know and this is why the program is the better in his field.
Pepillo

Postby Byrnes » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Build Ripped Muscle Fast
Byrnes

Postby Hewett » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm

You should definitely focus on building muscle. Your BMI is 23, which is healthy. Since you are not technically overweight, you don't need to focus on losing weight. As you start eating healthier foods and working out (both cardio and strength training), the excess fat you are storing will gradually become less noticeable, and you will be happier with your appearance, even if the scale still says 180 (or higher, because of the new muscle weight).
Hewett

Postby dwyer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:48 pm

dwyer

Postby Keillan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:51 pm

The guy you asked was not qualified to advise you. He was qualified to sell products to suckers. You can burn fat and build muscle at the same time and you'll do both better if you stay the hell away from supplements.

Watch this video --> http://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961#p...

Dietary supplements do not have to conform to the stringent standards applied to pharmaceuticals or food products by the US FDA. The result of this absence of oversight has been a scammer's dream and the scammers have made the most of it. A huge and powerful supplement industry has grown up around this lack of government oversight which was designed to give people the freedom to explore homeopathic, naturopathic, and alternative remedies. That was the purpose of the 1994 DSHEA. Details are here --> http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplemen...

Here's how the scammers work. They flood the internet with ads, bogus reviews, fake articles, fraudulent scientific white papers, phony blogs, scam articles, and even scam stories designed to expose the competition while promoting their products as the only "real" supplement that works. Their strategy is to drown out the truth and dominate the search engines so no matter where you look on the web you'll find only good things about their products.
Check out this link about the big Shakeology scam ---> http://trek2befit.com/shakeology-scam . Did you notice how it's really just an ad for Shakeology. The reason you find it when you search for "Shakeology scam" is because they want to be everywhere you're looking with advertising. That's how scammers dominate the internet.

Watch this investigative report from CBS News to see how one scammer works. --> http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5196740n&tag=related;photovideo (you'll have to sit through a quick commercial message first).

Scammers target the young and credulous demographic because they know they can sway them with greater ease than the older, wiser buying public. But, there are some easy questions you can answer using simple logic to be able to qualify a scammer as suspect. Here are some examples.

? If there was an easy way to do hard things like burn fat or build muscle, why doesn't the whole world know about it? How could that be kept secret when that's what so many people desire?

? If there were supplements that could help burn fat or build muscle, why haven't the huge and powerful pharmaceutical companies taken them over? Why let the scammers like GNC and Weider continue to make $millions off the public when they have a much greater capacity for providing such products?

? If there was a supplement that helped people shed pounds, why doesn't your doctor know about it? If you're overweight, why doesn't your physician just give you the pill or recommend the acai or HCG diet or whatever? Why are physicians always telling the same story about obesity and how to cope with it?

? Why do people pay big bucks to have liposuction or stomach stapling if supplements could really help them to lose fat?

? If protein supplements, creatine, nitrous oxide, etc. really helped build lean muscle mass, why don't Olympic athletes use them? Why don't they feed them to our military personnel in boot camp or billets around the world? Why are they not used in every police department or correctional institution around the US? Why don't the scammers tell you their success stories? You will never see an endorsement of a supplement from the military. You will, however, find many military articles warning their people away from such trickery. Here's one example --> http://military-fitness.military.com/2011/03/sneaky-muscle-supplement-scams.html

There is only one good answer to all of these questions. Most of the supplements which are supposed to make you lose fat, add muscle, grow taller, kill appetite, gain weight, bulk up, get ripped, etc. just don't work. It's really that simple.

Check out this list of over 60 dangerous supplements products sold with bogus advertising claims which scam-site bodybuilding.com was forced to recall and take off the market --> http://www.usrecallnews.com/2009/11/bodybuilding-com-supplements-recalled-may-contain-steroids.html . Does the human race really need 60 supplements just for muscle building and thousand of other supplements for other things? Can 100,000 years of evolution and eating food really be that wrong?

When surfing the web for supplements, be skeptical, use critical thinking, and always validate your information before believing it to be true. The golden rule for intelligent consumerism is still...

If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably a scam.

Last but not least, read this --> http://www.cspinet.org/nah/09_07/mfj_supplement.pdf

Good luck and good health.

?
Keillan

Next

Return to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle