Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Loose skin after baby?

Surgery to help lose weight

Loose skin after baby?

Postby hansen73 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 pm

I had a baby on march 6 which was about 2 weeks ago. I was 130 lbs at the end of my pregnancy and now im about 102lbs i only gained about 20 lbs. now i have all this loose skin and my belly button still isn;t on the inside..when will my skin tighten back up and how long will it take for my stomach to look normal again?
hansen73

Loose skin after baby?

Postby wake46 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Ways to Tighten Loose Skin After Extreme Weight Loss

* Continue to exercise regularly
* Concentrate on strength training exercises
* Eat lean poultry and other proteins with each meal
* Try over-the-counter creams to tighten the loose skin
* Consider surgical options to remove hanging skin
* Change your BMI to tighten loose skin

Changing your BMI
The solution to tightening the loose skin is to change your BMI. What does this mean? It means you need to build lean body mass while continuing to lose body fat. While everyone has a unique goal based on their own height and body frame, the general goal is to have a BMI less than 30. Depending on your body frame, it may be necessary to work towards a BMI on the lower end of your healthy range. It isn't easy to change your BMI if you are already in a healthy routine, but it can be done with persistence.

* Continue with a healthy diet
* Do cardio exercises most days of the week
* Perform strength training exercises several times per week
* Limit sweets and processed foods
* Include plenty of protein in your diet

Getting your body composition within the normal range is the most natural way of reducing sagging skin after weight loss. Lean body mass is often reduced, along with body fat, when people lose weight. Building your lean body mass gives your skin something to hold it firmly in place.

It’s also important to know the difference between flabby skin and loose skin. Loose skin can be surgically removed. It is the thin layer of skin that hangs off the body when a lot of weight is lost. Flabby skin, on the other hand, cannot be helped by having a body lift. This skin is still filled with pockets of fat. The first step in this case is to burn more fat.

Though it isn’t a quick fit answer to reducing the appearance of sagging skin, it is important to know that your skin can restore itself over time. Dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle and keeping physically active to gradually tighten the loose skin. You didn’t gain weight or lose weight overnight and your skin isn’t able to restore itself overnight either.

EDIT: I actually just googled your question, then found that. Hope that helps. :)
wake46

Loose skin after baby?

Postby selden55 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Ways to Tighten Loose Skin After Extreme Weight Loss

* Continue to exercise regularly
* Concentrate on strength training exercises
* Eat lean poultry and other proteins with each meal
* Try over-the-counter creams to tighten the loose skin
* Consider surgical options to remove hanging skin
* Change your BMI to tighten loose skin

Changing your BMI
The solution to tightening the loose skin is to change your BMI. What does this mean? It means you need to build lean body mass while continuing to lose body fat. While everyone has a unique goal based on their own height and body frame, the general goal is to have a BMI less than 30. Depending on your body frame, it may be necessary to work towards a BMI on the lower end of your healthy range. It isn't easy to change your BMI if you are already in a healthy routine, but it can be done with persistence.

* Continue with a healthy diet
* Do cardio exercises most days of the week
* Perform strength training exercises several times per week
* Limit sweets and processed foods
* Include plenty of protein in your diet

Getting your body composition within the normal range is the most natural way of reducing sagging skin after weight loss. Lean body mass is often reduced, along with body fat, when people lose weight. Building your lean body mass gives your skin something to hold it firmly in place.

It’s also important to know the difference between flabby skin and loose skin. Loose skin can be surgically removed. It is the thin layer of skin that hangs off the body when a lot of weight is lost. Flabby skin, on the other hand, cannot be helped by having a body lift. This skin is still filled with pockets of fat. The first step in this case is to burn more fat.

Though it isn’t a quick fit answer to reducing the appearance of sagging skin, it is important to know that your skin can restore itself over time. Dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle and keeping physically active to gradually tighten the loose skin. You didn’t gain weight or lose weight overnight and your skin isn’t able to restore itself overnight either.

EDIT: I actually just googled your question, then found that. Hope that helps. :)
Well, it really depends on alot of things. If your breastfeeding then your body will bounce back alot quicker. If your not then it can take as long as a year to get your pre-pregnancy body back, if you work out you can get your body back sooner. Also, if you have alot of stretch marks then it will be alot harder to get your body back because when you get stretch marks that means that your skin stretched beyond it's ability and so it will be very difficult to fix that. Basically, breastfeeding is the best thing you can do for your body and your baby, and working out will speed the process up alot.
selden55

Loose skin after baby?

Postby che » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:01 pm

it will never fully go away, however it will slim down at least half of what you have now. you can do all the situps you want,, but it wont tighten skin.. only the muscles under the skin. Ive got mine back fairly decent enough to wear nothing is hanging over my pants.. but thats as far as it will ever get. Even my personal trainer agrees. Ive had three children, and thats just what havingkids does to the body, so your either banking on genetics that come from a tight skined tummy line, or if you are not so lucky, surgery. ..or just deal with it.. was your baby not worth it?
che

Loose skin after baby?

Postby cearnach » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:07 pm

im not trying to scare you but some women NEVER get rid of this but eatting well and some creams to help tighten might help some but i had my son 2years ago and was 158 when i had him and now i am at 112 and i still have loose skin thats better but no matter what i do i still have the little pooch and alittle loose but i also know some women that have this and it takes them 3 months to get rid of it so its all about your body i guess
cearnach

Loose skin after baby?

Postby cassady » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Well, you have to exercise. The skin will go away somewhat but not totally. It's different for every woman when their skin tightens back up...I suggest dancing...it is fun, fast and will help you tighten the skin and lose the lower belly (if you got one).
cassady

Loose skin after baby?

Postby justin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Sorry but you will NEVER be "normal" again. It will improve though, but you might have some sagging. Babies ruin bodies. Your boobs will sag and your stomach might have a little muffin top.
justin

Loose skin after baby?

Postby danil » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:25 pm

It was around 4 weeks for me.
danil

Loose skin after baby?

Postby elliston » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

It took me about 6 months.
elliston

Loose skin after baby?

Postby foley58 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:50 pm

you have to excersie and work out to get rid of it.
foley58

Next

Return to Surgical Weight Loss