Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Looking For A Book About A Japanese Linguist Who Becomes A Hostage In South America. I Think That Bella Was In Title.

Looking For A Book About A Japanese Linguist Who Becomes A Hostage In South America. I Think That Bella Was In Title.

Postby Ruadhan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:18 am

I read the book during high school and now I can't remember the name of the book. I think it was called Bella Forte but that hasn't brought up any results. I also believe that the main character's name was Ken Watanabe - like the actor. It was placed in some South American country and the main character was working as a linguist for a Japanese businessman.
Ruadhan

Postby Theodoric » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:16 pm

It looks to me that the book you're looking for is Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. The linguist in the novel is named Gen Watanabe, and it matches pretty closely your description. You can find on amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/Bel-Canto-Novel-Ann-Patchett/dp/product-description/0060188731 and there is a short synopsis there as well.I hope this helps!
Theodoric

Postby Ashar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:56 pm

I suspect you are thinking of Bel Canto This is not precisely the scenario, but close enough.  Good book by the way, though I thought the ending was awful.   Narshkite's Recommendations Bel Canto Amazon List Price: $16.50 Used from: $4.86 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 1 reviews) Narshkite 83 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Ashar

Postby huntington » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:06 pm

I think the book you are looking for is called: Bel Canto   MusicLoverMe's Recommendations Bel Canto(P.S.) Amazon List Price: $13.95 Used from: $5.00 Average Customer Rating: 3.5 out of 5(based on 545 reviews) MusicLoverMe 83 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
huntington

Postby Severo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:47 am

This is not precisely the scenario, but close enough.  Good book by the way, though I thought the ending was awful.
Severo

Postby Wartun » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Ann Patchett's Bel Canto It looks to me that the book you're looking for is Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. The linguist in the novel is named Gen Watanabe, and it matches pretty closely your description. You can find on amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/Bel-Canto-Novel-Ann-Patchett/dp/product-description/0060188731 and there is a short synopsis there as well.I hope this helps! Sources: http://www.amazon.com/Bel-Canto-Novel-Ann-Patchett/dp/product-description/0060188731 newbie5663539 83 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Wartun

Return to South Beach Diet