Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Lap Band Surgery?

Discuss Lap Band Surgery

Lap Band Surgery?

Postby Shiraz » Tue May 02, 2017 1:35 am

Everyone will lose weight differently with lap-band and gastric bypass.
The band only makes the stomach smaller where bypass actually bypasses a large portion of the small intestine so not only is the stomach smaller but a gastric patient is also absorbing even less than what they eat.

I am a lap-band patient, the weeks following surgery I was losing 7-10lbs a week with a total loss of 32lbs my first month. I lost 100% of my excess weight (101lbs) in 8 months.
Next month is my one year anniversary.

I still eat junk, always have but the quantities are limited.

My results are not typical of most lapband patients, the projected number is 1-3 lbs a week where with gastric is can be 5 to 7 a week in the early months following the proceedure.
Shiraz

Lap Band Surgery?

Postby Taima » Tue May 02, 2017 1:55 am

I lost 10 lbs in the first month of having my band.
You can still eat junk food, and the softer the food, the easier it is to eat it.

The lap-band is a tool, but it can't help you unless you change your lifestyle as well.
For instance, I can drink milkshakes and eat chocolate all day, and never get full.
Or I can eat one chicken breast and be stuffed for hours.

If you want to lose weight, you'll still have to exercise too.
Taima

Lap Band Surgery?

Postby Trefor » Tue May 02, 2017 1:57 am

usually 2-3 per week
Trefor

Lap Band Surgery?

Postby Briton » Tue May 02, 2017 2:00 am

The lap band basically makes your stomach smaller so you get full faster. It's a great new alternative to bypass. However, and you have to know this is coming, if you dont change the behavior, it wont change the results. You can bypass, lap band, etc but if you arent willing to change your habits then you have had surgery for nothing and the weight will come back. Also, weight loss is slower with the lap band but you avoid alot of complications that come with bypass
Briton

Return to Lap Band Surgery