Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Itchy Palms, Skin Peeling And Raw..help!?

Postby Bates » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:37 pm

My daughter is 3 years old and about 2 weeks ago the palms of her hands began itching extremely bad.
She doesn't scratch, she claws at them.
We haven't changed detergents, or soaps or anything like that.
She hasn't ate anything new either.
I took her to her pediatrician last Monday and he said to continue giving her Benadryl and gave her a prescription ointment.
Her hands are still itching and now the skin on her fingertips is peeling off and it's very red and raw.
Her hands stay hot to the touch like a fever.
Could that be a sign of infection? She has been referred to a dermatologist but her appointment is 3 weeks away!!!

Has anyone had a similar experience? And does anyone have any suggestions on something that would bring her some relief? I feel so helpless when she crawls up in my lap and says "Mommy, make it better." :(
Bates

Postby Yale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:50 pm

4.Dyshidrosis. (cheiropomphylox) Google images and dermnet.nz ...... does it look like this?

It is allergy to a dermatophyte, which is any kind of skin loving bug. mold, yeast, bacteria, virus, parasite, pollen. It could be anywhere on your body. The rash on the hands(or feet) is just a red flag. Take anti-histamines for immediate relief. Fexofenadine 180mg, and 12 hours later 60mg, then every 12 hours 60mg. This is not the cure. But it will stop the itching. Go to [email protected] for treatments and information.

People who have eczema are 'atopic'. Very sensitive to all kinds of irritants. This is your immune system over-reacting to the presence of a dermatophyte. The most common dermatophyte is Candida in it's dimorphic, mycelial form in the intestines.

The cure is really simple, but I very much doubt you can get your doctor to prescribe it for you.

You need a two week course of NYSTATIN by drops, 4 million units daily. then a 2 week break, then repeat. If this does not work (and I would bet the cost of your doctor visit it does.) you need a drug called Toctino, to be taken for 90 days. This is expensive, you will find a cheaper way on the links at [email protected] (You may find your eczema goes away too. I am betting you are 14/15.)

am studying this condition, also called the 'Id reaction". Can I ask you to tell your dermatologist to refer to page 651, chapter 17 in the 1st volume of the Textbook of Dermatology by Rook, Wilkingson and Ebling.?
Yale

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem