Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Is There Any Software That Will Easily Burn A Long Audio File On Multiple Discs For Playback In A Cd Player?

Is There Any Software That Will Easily Burn A Long Audio File On Multiple Discs For Playback In A Cd Player?

Postby Aryeh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 am

I have an 87mb audio book file that I would like to burn to CD for playback in a CD player. It is over 6 hours long and has extension .aa. The file plays in Windows Media and iTunes, but neither one of those wants to burn it because it is so long.
Aryeh

Postby MacLaine » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:08 am

There is a FREE, open source audio editing program called Audacity, download from here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ I did not see the .aa extension listed as a supported format, but you can always try it since it is FREE. If in fact you can import it into Audacity, you can then chop it into 74 - 80 minute blocks(depending on the length of your CD-R's) & save those blocks as Wav's or MP3's. Notes: Some audio formats are DRM protected & will not allow any copying or editing. if this is the case, you may be out of luck. Also, Wav files are uncompressed & significantly larger than MP3's but since your original material is voice, not music, you will not nessasarily gain any benefit from the higher fidelity that you would get from saving your edited files as uncompressed Wav's. Once your files are edited, you can use any off the shelf burning programs such as Roxio, Nero or even Windows media player(series 9 and above) to create audio CD's
MacLaine

Postby Chuck » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:34 pm

You may be able to use Audacity There is a FREE, open source audio editing program called Audacity, download from here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ I did not see the .aa extension listed as a supported format, but you can always try it since it is FREE. If in fact you can import it into Audacity, you can then chop it into 74 - 80 minute blocks(depending on the length of your CD-R's) & save those blocks as Wav's or MP3's. Notes: Some audio formats are DRM protected & will not allow any copying or editing. if this is the case, you may be out of luck. Also, Wav files are uncompressed & significantly larger than MP3's but since your original material is voice, not music, you will not nessasarily gain any benefit from the higher fidelity that you would get from saving your edited files as uncompressed Wav's. Once your files are edited, you can use any off the shelf burning programs such as Roxio, Nero or even Windows media player(series 9 and above) to create audio CD's sjulty 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Chuck

Return to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle