Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Is There A Way To Put "hibernate" Directly On My Windows Xp Start Menu?

Postby Lornell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:53 am

I already have it in my shutdown menu. If I do Start -> Turn Off Computer, then I see the Hibernate option. But I want it directly on my Start Menu next to Log Off. Are there any advanced options that will allow me to do this?
Lornell

Postby Dryden » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Mister_Moderate said: 1 This is good information, but I had asked how to put it on my start menu. Nevertheless, your answer does somewhat solve the underlying problem. 91 months ago
Dryden

Postby Ezer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Right click on your desktop. From the menu that pops up, choose New->Shortcut. It will prompt you to type the target to the short cut. Enter this(quotes not needed):'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate'(Note: if you have windows installed somewhere other than c:/windows then replace that portion appropriately) Hit next and name the shortcut watever you want and hit finish. A shortcut shud now have appeared on your desktop. If you double click it, your machine will hibernate. You can now drag this shortcut whereever you want. You can drag it to the tool bar next to the start button, or just drag in onto the start button to add it to the start menu list.
Ezer

Postby kelven » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:13 am

There is a simpler way Go to "control panel"(you can go there by clicking on start --> settings --> control panel)   Open "power options"   In the "advanced" tap you will see the bottom 2 choices:   The first one says "when I press the power button on my computer" and give you choices, you can choose "hibernate" here. After you say OK, every time you press the power button, you computer will go into hibernation.   The second one is for computers which have the "sleep" button in their keyboard, a pretty common button these days. If you have one, choose this one instead of the first one since you don't have to mess with the "power" button.   Remember, when you press and hold the power button for more than a few seconds, it will mean an immediate power shut down.   Hope this helps. Sources: My dismal knowledge boxing 91 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
kelven

Postby Mariner » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:21 am

This is good information, but I had asked how to put it on my start menu. Nevertheless, your answer does somewhat solve the underlying problem.
Mariner

Postby Lindsay » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Here is one way Right click on your desktop. From the menu that pops up, choose New->Shortcut. It will prompt you to type the target to the short cut. Enter this(quotes not needed):'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate'(Note: if you have windows installed somewhere other than c:/windows then replace that portion appropriately) Hit next and name the shortcut watever you want and hit finish. A shortcut shud now have appeared on your desktop. If you double click it, your machine will hibernate. You can now drag this shortcut whereever you want. You can drag it to the tool bar next to the start button, or just drag in onto the start button to add it to the start menu list. Sources: myself kingzorghh 91 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Lindsay

Postby Yue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:17 am

Go to "control panel"(you can go there by clicking on start --> settings --> control panel)   Open "power options"   In the "advanced" tap you will see the bottom 2 choices:   The first one says "when I press the power button on my computer" and give you choices, you can choose "hibernate" here. After you say OK, every time you press the power button, you computer will go into hibernation.   The second one is for computers which have the "sleep" button in their keyboard, a pretty common button these days. If you have one, choose this one instead of the first one since you don't have to mess with the "power" button.   Remember, when you press and hold the power button for more than a few seconds, it will mean an immediate power shut down.   Hope this helps.
Yue

Return to Sonoma Diet