Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Is There A Chinese-language Puzzle/mental Muscle Book Or Magazine I Can Buy In The U.s.?

Is There A Chinese-language Puzzle/mental Muscle Book Or Magazine I Can Buy In The U.s.?

Postby Kasia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 pm

My mom is feeling like she's losing mental muscle as she ages. She can read and understand English, but she's more comfortable in Chinese. She asked me to check around for puzzle books or mind-exercising games but I'm having trouble finding them in Chinese. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!
Kasia

Postby Marcelino » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm so glad. I thought there must be something out there, but couldn't seem to find it online - I must not have been phrasing the search right. Tell your mom to enjoy the puzzles.
Marcelino

Postby padruig » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:10 pm

From what I know of Chinese, it wouldn't lend itself to, say, crossword puzzles. But why limit yourself to language-based puzzles? Try jigsaws, or number puzzles like Sudoku, or video or computer games that aren't reading-intensive. There's also three-dimensional puzzles like Rubik's cubes, even 3d jigsaws.Good luck!
padruig

Postby Niko » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:33 am

alicewang said: 1 I know I'm answering my own question, but I found a site that sells books, games, etc. And I was able to find at least seven puzzle books for my mom. It's at yesasia.com. I have nothing to do with them, and are not employed by them, I just found them on the web and was delighted to learn they sell chinese-language puzzle books. Yay!! 94 months ago
Niko

Postby Reilly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:15 am

I know I'm answering my own question, but I found a site that sells books, games, etc. And I was able to find at least seven puzzle books for my mom. It's at yesasia.com. I have nothing to do with them, and are not employed by them, I just found them on the web and was delighted to learn they sell chinese-language puzzle books. Yay!!
Reilly

Postby Sumerton » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:20 am

Try non-language based puzzles. From what I know of Chinese, it wouldn't lend itself to, say, crossword puzzles. But why limit yourself to language-based puzzles? Try jigsaws, or number puzzles like Sudoku, or video or computer games that aren't reading-intensive. There's also three-dimensional puzzles like Rubik's cubes, even 3d jigsaws.Good luck! Sources: opinion bazjack 94 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Sumerton

Postby Cassius » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:05 pm

bazjack said: 2 I'm so glad. I thought there must be something out there, but couldn't seem to find it online - I must not have been phrasing the search right. Tell your mom to enjoy the puzzles. 94 months ago
Cassius

Return to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle