Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Is The La Convention Center The Same As The Staples Center?

Discuss Food Addiction

Postby Meinrad » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm going to a conference held at the LA Convention Center and would like to know EXACTLY where it is in order to decide on the best / closest hotel.Thanks!
Meinrad

Postby Wain » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:33 am

It's not the same thing but they are right next to each other. The Los Angeles Convention Center and the Staples Center are right next to each other. You can get a good overhead view on Google Maps here:http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=convention+center&near=Los+Angeles,+CA&fb=1&cid=0,0,456421801450431528&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=imageThe web site of the convention center is http://www.lacclink.com/The street address is:1201 South Figueroa StreetLos Angeles, CA 90015p: 213.741.1151The convention center is adjacent to the downtown area which is where you are likely to find the nicer hotels. It should be not much more than a one mile cab ride. Most travel web sites like Travelocity, Expedia, and Hotels.com will allow you to search for hotels based on proximity to a specific landmark like the convention center. Sources: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=convention+center&near=Los+Angeles,+CA&fb=1&cid=0,0,456421801450431528&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image simsandwich 89 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Wain

Postby Dusty » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:45 am

Maybe you are already a Starwood Preferred Guest but i thought i'd mention it just in case! it covers a lot of hotels in all ranges all over the world. i haven't had a chance to use mine yet but one of these days!!!
Dusty

Postby ulrich » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:51 am

They are right next door to each other on Figueroa. I am so excited for you! do you need an assistant??? lol I used to live in LA and both of my girls were born in Santa Monica so i can give you the down low!       Welcome to the official site of the Los Angeles Convention Center   "1201 South Figueroa Street · Los Angeles, CA 90015 · 213.741.1151"           Welcome to STAPLES CENTER Website!   "STAPLES Center  ·  1111 S. Figueroa Street  ·  Los Angeles, CA 90015"           you can see by the addresses that they are right next door to each other and those websites will tell you everything you want to know about them regarding the time that you will be there.     now...for the hotel....you definitely want to stay at the Westin Bonaventure.......   Westin Los Angeles Hotels: The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites - Hotel Rooms at westin.com     "In the heart of Los Angeles? financial district, the landmark Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites is ideally located. Guests have easy access to cultural and business centers, as well as nearby beaches, the Los Angeles Convention Center and the Staples Center.     All of your needs can be met in our central atrium, which houses 42 restaurants and shops. Take time for your mind and body in our state-of-the-art WestinWORKOUT® Powered by Reebok Gym, and then relax at our revolving cocktail lounge with panoramic views, BonaVista. We are Los Angeles? largest convention hotel, with 110,000 square feet of meeting space and a full-service business center.     Each of our recently renovated guest rooms was designed to soothe you with floor-to-ceiling views of Los Angeles, as well as our signature Heavenly Bed® and Heavenly Bath®. Our new Tower Suite was created with the executive traveler in mind, complete with a separate living room and wet bar.     Westin didn?t discover fresh air, but we?re proud to offer it at this hotel. Learn more about Breathe Westin? and our smoke-free hotels. "     I have not stayed there myself but i know people who have and they all say it is so cool. i don?t know if you?ve ever seen the movie "True Lies" with Arnold Schwartznegger and Jamie Lee Curtis but i?m pretty positive they used the Bonaventure for the elevator scenes with the horse and, of the horse with Arnold, galloping through it.(if you haven?t seen the movie, you should. it is so funny! it has Bill Paxton and Tom Arnold in it, too!)       see the elevators on the outside of the building?     there are those elevators on the left...     beautiful room!    there?s your lounge, tv and wetbar!    one of the restaurants!     a bar...looks inviting!     the revolving bar!    Reebok workout area...very cool!     outdoor pool!   what?s not to like? just the revolving bar had me at the get-go! lololol     okay, i have another perk for you. if you stay there, it is a Starwood Hotel and you can join online to be a Starwood Preferred Guest for free. that gives you perks right off the bat and you get "starpoints" each time you stay at a Starwood Hotel of which there are lots including W which is one of my favs. if you book your hotel online no booking fees, etc. my sister, who travels all the time buisness and pleasure, turned me on to this.     Starwood Preferred Guest - Hotel Offers and Loyalty Program spg.com     you didn?t ask for restaurants but i?m giving you a couple anyway! if you like to see celebrities, which i think is pretty fun, here are a couple of places to check out...     Welcome to KOI   Koi is very "in" and great food to boot...excellent in fact! it?s a great place to go with a bunch of people and have eveyone order different things so you can "graze".   here are pictures of the restaurant...Pictures   here are some magazines and publications that have written about Koi.....   USA  ,  US  and  InStyle   they are older articles but, believe me, Koi is still the place to go!     Another place is The Ivy.       The Ivy           "The Ivy is one of L.A.?s leading celebrity hangouts, attracting a virtual Who?s Who of Hollywood stars and moguls. Since it is an open, patio restaurant, there are often papparazzi camped out across the street, hoping for photos of arriving celebs." I, personally, have seen George Lucas, Madonna, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore, Rumer Willis(she was a baby then!) and Carrie Fisher at The Ivy. this was obivously a long time ago but it?s still going strong!     okay....well, that about does it.  i went crazy with this! now...are you sure you don?t want to bring an assistant?!!!   hope this all helps you!
ulrich

Postby torence96 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:29 pm

No, they are both separate facilities but right next to each other. They are right next door to each other on Figueroa. I am so excited for you! do you need an assistant??? lol I used to live in LA and both of my girls were born in Santa Monica so i can give you the down low!       Welcome to the official site of the Los Angeles Convention Center   "1201 South Figueroa Street · Los Angeles, CA 90015 · 213.741.1151"           Welcome to STAPLES CENTER Website!   "STAPLES Center  ·  1111 S. Figueroa Street  ·  Los Angeles, CA 90015"           you can see by the addresses that they are right next door to each other and those websites will tell you everything you want to know about them regarding the time that you will be there.     now...for the hotel....you definitely want to stay at the Westin Bonaventure.......   Westin Los Angeles Hotels: The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites - Hotel Rooms at westin.com     "In the heart of Los Angeles? financial district, the landmark Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites is ideally located. Guests have easy access to cultural and business centers, as well as nearby beaches, the Los Angeles Convention Center and the Staples Center.     All of your needs can be met in our central atrium, which houses 42 restaurants and shops. Take time for your mind and body in our state-of-the-art WestinWORKOUT® Powered by Reebok Gym, and then relax at our revolving cocktail lounge with panoramic views, BonaVista. We are Los Angeles? largest convention hotel, with 110,000 square feet of meeting space and a full-service business center.     Each of our recently renovated guest rooms was designed to soothe you with floor-to-ceiling views of Los Angeles, as well as our signature Heavenly Bed® and Heavenly Bath®. Our new Tower Suite was created with the executive traveler in mind, complete with a separate living room and wet bar.     Westin didn?t discover fresh air, but we?re proud to offer it at this hotel. Learn more about Breathe Westin? and our smoke-free hotels. "     I have not stayed there myself but i know people who have and they all say it is so cool. i don?t know if you?ve ever seen the movie "True Lies" with Arnold Schwartznegger and Jamie Lee Curtis but i?m pretty positive they used the Bonaventure for the elevator scenes with the horse and, of the horse with Arnold, galloping through it.(if you haven?t seen the movie, you should. it is so funny! it has Bill Paxton and Tom Arnold in it, too!)       see the elevators on the outside of the building?     there are those elevators on the left...     beautiful room!    there?s your lounge, tv and wetbar!    one of the restaurants!     a bar...looks inviting!     the revolving bar!    Reebok workout area...very cool!     outdoor pool!   what?s not to like? just the revolving bar had me at the get-go! lololol     okay, i have another perk for you. if you stay there, it is a Starwood Hotel and you can join online to be a Starwood Preferred Guest for free. that gives you perks right off the bat and you get "starpoints" each time you stay at a Starwood Hotel of which there are lots including W which is one of my favs. if you book your hotel online no booking fees, etc. my sister, who travels all the time buisness and pleasure, turned me on to this.     Starwood Preferred Guest - Hotel Offers and Loyalty Program spg.com     you didn?t ask for restaurants but i?m giving you a couple anyway! if you like to see celebrities, which i think is pretty fun, here are a couple of places to check out...     Welcome to KOI   Koi is very "in" and great food to boot...excellent in fact! it?s a great place to go with a bunch of people and have eveyone order different things so you can "graze".   here are pictures of the restaurant...Pictures   here are some magazines and publications that have written about Koi.....   USA  ,  US  and  InStyle   they are older articles but, believe me, Koi is still the place to go!     Another place is The Ivy.       The Ivy           "The Ivy is one of L.A.?s leading celebrity hangouts, attracting a virtual Who?s Who of Hollywood stars and moguls. Since it is an open, patio restaurant, there are often papparazzi camped out across the street, hoping for photos of arriving celebs." I, personally, have seen George Lucas, Madonna, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore, Rumer Willis(she was a baby then!) and Carrie Fisher at The Ivy. this was obivously a long time ago but it?s still going strong!     okay....well, that about does it.  i went crazy with this! now...are you sure you don?t want to bring an assistant?!!!   hope this all helps you! Sources: http://www.lacclink.com/, http://www.staplescenter.com/home/default.sps, http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1004, http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html?PS=GWS_aa_Google_Starwood_Preferred_Guest_122705, http://www.koirestaurant.com/home.html, http://www.koirestaurant.com/pr_usa.html, http://www.koirestaurant.com/pr_us.html, http://www.koirestaurant.com/pr_instyle.html, http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dine2/Ivy.shtml   Chucknwoofie's Recommendations The Big Sleep Amazon List Price: $12.95 Used from: $1.99 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 91 reviews) Zagat 2007 Los Angeles/Southern California Restaurants(Zagatsurvey) Amazon List Price: $14.95 Used from: $2.11 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 1 reviews) Kobe Bryant: Hard To The Hoop Amazon List Price: $7.95 Used from: $2.27 Average Customer Rating: 1.5 out of 5(based on 2 reviews) True Lies Amazon List Price: $14.98 Used from: $4.08 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 198 reviews) Get Shorty Amazon List Price: $14.98 Used from: $0.88 Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5(based on 63 reviews) Get Shorty has The Ivy in the movie where John Travolta walks across the street to meet Danny DeVito, orders a ton of food and then leaves before it arrives. lololol   Video Jeremy Piven LOVES Koi! Chucknwoofie 89 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
torence96

Postby Conan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:10 pm

The Los Angeles Convention Center and the Staples Center are right next to each other. You can get a good overhead view on Google Maps here:http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=convention+center&near=Los+Angeles,+CA&fb=1&cid=0,0,456421801450431528&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=imageThe web site of the convention center is http://www.lacclink.com/The street address is:1201 South Figueroa StreetLos Angeles, CA 90015p: 213.741.1151The convention center is adjacent to the downtown area which is where you are likely to find the nicer hotels. It should be not much more than a one mile cab ride. Most travel web sites like Travelocity, Expedia, and Hotels.com will allow you to search for hotels based on proximity to a specific landmark like the convention center.
Conan

Postby Said » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Chucknwoofie said: 1 Maybe you are already a Starwood Preferred Guest but i thought i'd mention it just in case! it covers a lot of hotels in all ranges all over the world. i haven't had a chance to use mine yet but one of these days!!! 89 months ago
Said

Return to Compulsive Overeating