Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Is It Possible To Loose 30 Lbs In A Month?

Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss

Postby Avital » Mon May 15, 2017 2:35 pm

That is extremely unhealthy and cannot be realistically done without expecting to gain it all back, unfortunately.

The amount of weight you'll lose at first depends on your size now. Are you 30 pounds overweight? Or are you more overweight than that and want to get 30 pounds down in a month?

Either way, I would suggest the following:

- Don't beat yourself up over this, this is a very unrealistic goal unless you are over 400 pounds.

- Eat lots of vegetables, don't cook them in butter! If you have to cook them, use olive oil.

- Olive oils and coconut oils are very healthy, look up recipes on how to use them.

- Eat about 4 meals a day, each meal should be no bigger than one of your fists (not including uncooked vegetables).

- For losing weight, and keeping a healthy weight, you have to figure out which foods work with your body and which ones don't. This takes a while and some experimentation. For me: my body does NOT run well with dairy, poultry, or meat (or sweets or breads or pastas). Essentially I eat a vegan diet, but I eat fish and eggs. Your body has its own foods it likes best. A tip: The foods you crave the most are usually foods that your body does NOT like. (Weird, right?)

- I would limit your bread/pasta consumption in general, you do need carbs, but try getting them from more whole foods like fruits. Breads and pastas are more likely to make you sleepy whereas fruits give you more energy.

- Drink LOTS of water!

- Green tea is great too if you like it.

- Don't add sugar/salt to anything. (When buying peanut butter, try getting some that has NO palm oil/sugar/salt added).

- Don't eat processed foods, try to eat as locally and wholesome as possible.

- Obviously - DO NOT DRINK SODA! And juices, despite being made from fruit, aren't that great for you either.

When it comes to working out...

- I started jogging to lose weight, I didn't want to bulk up so this was my way of getting fit. I highly recommend it even if you do want to bulk up. Start slow! You get better each day. It's great for fat loss and increasing your metabolism.

- There are a lot of great YouTube videos that have workouts. Yoga, dancing, and guided walks are my personal favorites. There is everything available to you though-- just make sure you exercise with a good pair of supportive workout sneakers!

I lost nearly 100 pounds in six years, trust me when I say that being patient is a virtue! Don't do all of my tips at once, you're likely to get frustrated and give up entirely by making so many changes at once. Make another change every few days and get used to a healthier lifestyle. I can't tell you how much you should expect to lose within the first month, since I don't know how much you weigh now. Just know that you WILL become a healthier person if you continue and be consistent. Sometimes you plateau, don't let it get you down. You're not alone in this struggle to lose weight and I'm sure you can do it! Be smart and be healthy!

Let me know if I can go anything to help, best of luck. :)
Avital

Postby Waylon » Mon May 15, 2017 2:36 pm

It all depends on how much you weigh. The heavier you weigh, the easier it is to lose weight. But even eating healthy and doing extensive workouts, it is near impossible to lose 30 pounds in a month. Because on average you can lose 1-3 pounds per week. So you can lose 4-12 pounds a month. -Gabby
Waylon

Postby Rinaldo » Mon May 15, 2017 2:39 pm

You probably could but you'll be losing mainly muscle and water weight and not fat so you'll end up smaller but flabby. You should aim to lose more like 10lbs in a month. You dont want to be "skinny fat" do you? where your smaller but all wobbly because you still have mainly fat on your body but youve lost all your muscle. If you aim to lose 10lbs a month working out and eating healthy you'll end up with a nice toned body and the look im sure you want.

Good luck :)
Rinaldo

Postby Terris » Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

It is possible but personally I think that that is really quite unhealthy for your body because you will be burning calories too fast. At best you should probably only burn about 10 lbs a month. Sorry.
Terris

Return to Weight Loss Recipes