Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Is it best to rely on scales for weight or working out your body's fat percentage?

Is it best to rely on scales for weight or working out your body's fat percentage?

Postby davies » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:34 pm

its hard to get my head around this... but ive just read from other women that they are the same height, same weight as me... but they are size 8... i am size 12/14!!?! is this right? it seems so odd! i am nowhere near an 8! i am 5ft3 and 140lbs.... they are the same!?

i joined my gym a month ago, and also slimming world.

im a little confused. as i was barely losing at slimming world, but the instructor at the gym said i was doing well and lost over 4% fat so far. should i stop altogether on checking normal scales? as it doesnt take into account that some weight is from muscle?

the instuctor said not to waste my money on slimming world. instead take measurements from arms, legs, chest, hips and waist ect and judge by that. i can tell im changing. every one comments on how well im looking. why arent slimming world mentioning this... they should have scales that work out fat percentage surely?! or is that part of their business to take more money.

a little confused as you can tell! whats the best way to check you are healthy? my bmi indicates i am top end of my range, and i guess it would for these woman who are same size hieght but 3 sizes smaller surely!

sorry for blabbing on i just dont get it!
davies

Postby danil » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Maybe they mean in American sizes. Because a US size 8 is the same as a UK size 12. I can't see too many 5ft3 140lb women fitting a UK size 8 tbh.

And definitely go by your percentage of body fat and what you see in the mirror....forget the scales!
danil

Return to Slimming World