Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Is eating hot food, or cold food, better?

Talk about anything related to losing weight

Postby cruz65 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 am

Often when I eat out I end up with more food than I can eat in one sitting, so I put it away in the fridge for later or the next day. I love left overs, but the catch is that I don't heat them up, I prefer to nab a fork and dig right in straight from the fridge. More than once I've gotten take out, and without even touching it, put it straight into the fridge for later simply because it tasted better cold.

I know this sounds extremely random, but I was kind of wondering if there were any effects to eating cold food vs hot because I've come across diet tips saying you should drink COLD water because your body uses energy to heat it up. Albeit water, warm or cold, is good for you, but I was wondering if the same principle applied to cold food as well. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything (come on, I'm talking about take-out food here!) I'm just curious.

Searched online and came up with nothing, how disappointing! Does anyone know if the temperature of food has any good/bad effects on the body? Also tried searching "cold food diet" even though I'm not looking for a diet, has anyone heard of or tried this?
cruz65

Postby cruz65 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 am

The food you are talking about is known as "Chilly Food" and is not technically cold enough to see any sort of health benefit. Not only is "Cold Food" more delicious, but the cold food acts like an air-conditioner for your whole body. You may need to look into commercial grade flash freezers if you want to eat truly cold food on short notice. I've been eating frozen foods at temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius and my wife thinks I'm crazy. I plan on living to 120+ years old.
cruz65

Postby ring » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:33 am

The food you are talking about is known as "Chilly Food" and is not technically cold enough to see any sort of health benefit. Not only is "Cold Food" more delicious, but the cold food acts like an air-conditioner for your whole body. You may need to look into commercial grade flash freezers if you want to eat truly cold food on short notice. I've been eating frozen foods at temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius and my wife thinks I'm crazy. I plan on living to 120+ years old.
Hot food cause it kills germs in your food. While cold traps in bacteria
ring

Postby edrik » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:39 am

my goodness...hot food kills bacterias and germs which were just in sleep mode when its in the cold food...why do you even do that...
edrik

Return to General Weight Loss Chat