Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Im On A Colon And Liver Cleanse How Do I Start A Diet And Excercise?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Im On A Colon And Liver Cleanse How Do I Start A Diet And Excercise?

Postby Ireland » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:18 pm

A Whole Food, Plant Based (WFPB) diet is considered by many nutrition experts to be ideal for maintaining a healthy BMI and optimal health. It is the diet consumed by many professional athletes and all of the top marathon runners in the world. Professor T. Colin Campbell on his web site lists professional athletes who follow a plant based regimine and have who have demonstrated world-class performance. Caldwell Esselstyn and his son adopted a WFPB diet and won medals in the Olympics. Dr. Esselstyn recommends this diet as a vascular surgeon and has shown an ability to reverse vascular disease through a change diet alone. His peer-reviewed clinical studies show stunning results in the reversal of heart disease. Dr. Ornish duplicated these results using a less rigorous protocol.

Although the book I listed as a source focuses on the elimination of pain, it's been one of the best resources I've found on the food elimination diet and associated dietary problems. Allergies manifest in may different ways. Neal Barnard, Dean Ornish, Joel Fuhrman, T. Colin Campbell, and Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr. all recommend a version of a Whole Food, Plant Based (WFPB) diet that is based upon the following food categories:

- Vegetables including colorful and dark leafy greens.

- Whole grains such as brown rice and quiona

- Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils

- Whole fruit (not juices)

Consuming ground flax seed (one tablespoon per day) provides adequate Omega-3 fatty acids. Getting out in the sun for a little while allows your skin to produce a hormone that has been misnamed as Vitamin D. Pure vegetarians need to make sure that they consume adequate amounts of Vitamin B12. Otherwise, a varied pure vegetarian diet is adequate. There is no need for dairy products because calcium and is more readilly absorbed if it comes from dark leafy greens. Greens also provide iron and protein.

Many foods are highly allergenic and you may consider an elimination diet to make sure you do not have a hidden food allergy. Sometimes seasonal hayfever is made much worse due to an undiagnosed allergy to dairy. Most of the worlds population is either intollerant or outright allergic to cow milk products. Dairy consumption is also correlated with the most common forms of cancer and is linked to diabetes. Here is a partial list of foods that can be allergenic for some people: Dairy, meat, eggs, some kinds of nuts, tomato, citrus fruits, corn, wheat, and soy. Fortunately, none of these foods are required for health, and I've eliminated many of these from my own diet despite the fact that I can tolerate them. I eat a greater variety of foods now than when I ate the Standard American Diet (SAD).

Of course it's optimal to eliminate alcohol, caffeine, flavor enhancers (MSB, aspartame), sugar, refined carbohydrates, excess salt, excess oils, excess fats, and food additives. That means you need to cut way back or eliminate: chips, pizza, fries, hamburger, fried chicken, cheese, and many other delectible snack foods.

Congratulations on your decision to eat healthy. People who have adapted a WFPB diet report that they have a much greater sense of well being. That's the reason why this diet has become a lifestyle for me. Often, prescription medications become too strong when you switch to a healthier diet. Make sure to work with you physician to reduce or eliminate prescriptions as you health improves. Be very careful with cholesterol lowering drugs (statins).
Ireland

Return to Food Nutrition