Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Im Looking For People That Have Personal Experience Or Know Of Someone With Prsonal Experience With An Intestine Bypass

Discuss Lap Band Surgery

Im Looking For People That Have Personal Experience Or Know Of Someone With Prsonal Experience With An Intestine Bypass

Postby Adal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:26 pm

im interested in haveing the surgery my self im 24 and have been super obese my entire life and before i have any more complications i need to lose this weight. i also know that a gastric bypass is not an option for me so for about 5 years iv thought about an intestinal bypass. but id like to know what it was like for other ppl. i also want kids. i can have them right now because of my weight. but would i be able to have them after the surgery? i really want to know what it feels like how it changes you and your life style...
Adal

Postby Enoch » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Please, please, look into getting a lap band rather than any of the surgeries that remove chunks of your body. At 24, if you get a bypass, you really have a lot of years of after effects to consider. There will be foods you can never eat again, you will have to take supplements forever, and it is not reversible.The lap band works, doesn't mess up your nutrition, has a faster recovery, can be loosened or removed for pregnancy, and is a whole lot cheaper! I have one and wish everyone who even looks at a bypass did the research before choosing such a life altering surgery.
Enoch

Postby Viho » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:23 pm

OlyPolly said: 1 Please, please, look into getting a lap band rather than any of the surgeries that remove chunks of your body. At 24, if you get a bypass, you really have a lot of years of after effects to consider. There will be foods you can never eat again, you will have to take supplements forever, and it is not reversible.The lap band works, doesn't mess up your nutrition, has a faster recovery, can be loosened or removed for pregnancy, and is a whole lot cheaper! I have one and wish everyone who even looks at a bypass did the research before choosing such a life altering surgery. 83 months ago
Viho

Return to Lap Band Surgery