Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

If I Eat Only Lettuce W/spinach For 2 Weeks?

Talk about anything related to losing weight

Postby Gaile » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 pm

ok i mean in the morning ill eat a small portion of plan oatmeal like always

than ill eat lettuce with spinach and maybe mushrooms and carrot with lemon and chile powder

for two weeks eat the same thing and in the morning at 6:40am ill go run for about 15-20mins

would i lose weight??? if so about how much im female 17 years old 5'4 134lb

ps: after those two weeks i plan on eating oatmeal in the morning and keeping my diet good no more junk ect... + exercise and water for i do not like soda or most juices and well im vegetarian so a-lot of soy products and veggies :)

Thank you for you answer
Gaile

Postby Paytah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm

eating less doesnt help you get thin really, you gain more weigh than you loose if you do so, just eat normally without excesing food, and dont eat anything at night, drink lots of water, excersice and eat fruits, that should work :)
Paytah

Postby Montaigu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Eliminate the crazy two week intro and go straight to the program that follows. The two week plan you described is certain to fail for lack of calories and protein. Eat, right from now on, that's all.
Montaigu

Postby Darcy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Yes this will definately make you lose weight and its good for health, but try to add some non- veg too for a balanced diet
Darcy

Postby Eadin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

The simple answer is....yes.
You will lose weight.
However, you will be losing weight at a dangerous pace.
The recommended amount of weight loss is no more than 2lbs of actual body fat/week.
The trick to keeping steady weight loss, no matter what diet you're on, is by what is called a Calorie Deficit.
This means you take in less calories than you spend.

Find a "BMR Calculator" online and figure up how many calories you burn in a typical day.
Subtract 500-700 from that, and you'll get how many you need to eat every day.

There are 3500 calories (give or take) in a pound of pure fat.
So at 500 calorie/day deficit, you'll lose exactly 1 pound a week.

It might not actually be perfectly 1 pound every week, but if you average it over a 6-8 week period it should work out perfect.
Eadin

Postby Aldan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

You would lose a lot in the beginning, but its not enough to keep your body working at its best. :L You'll not be feeling good after a little while.
Aldan

Postby Chip » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Good plan except stay away from soy!!! It is sooo bad for you. Keep eating lots of fruits veggies almond milk rice beans oats etc. your thinking you need that soy protien right? Wrong.
Google " protien myth". Everything else I listed is sufficient enough. As far as your height vs weight. It's like perfect. Hope you aren't watching too much America's next top model. Ifso stop. Your perfect!!

Keep eating good though :)
Chip

Postby Alexandre » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

I fasted for religious reasons in the past, eating one meal a day. I was able to keep up my exercise routine for about 3 days before I had to tone it back. I was eating more well balanced meal than you were. Your exercise isn't going to be as effective. It's not worth it.

I'm your height. 135 is a perfectly fine weight. I was happy at that weight (after having been 160, 135 felt svelte to me). If you want to weigh less, it's also a goal, I totally get you. I got down to 120, but by eating properly and exercising. Weight training, HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio, an hour of walking daily (in addition to regular activities, so shopping doesn't count, walk an hour ON TOP of that), and eating healthfully to POWER your exercise, and you'll lose some weight.
Alexandre

Postby Abba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I think 134 lbs is completely healthy for someone who is 5'4 to begin with.

However, be careful with this diet. If you don't eat enough calories during the day, you will lose weight at first, but after a while your body will go into starvation mode and begin turning anything you eat into fat.

Also, "diets" really don't work all that well since if you're eating less, your metabolism slows down. Once you start reintroducing the foods you normally eat you will gain most if not all the weight back.

I suggest eating a well balanced diet of proteins, fiber, fruits, veggies, etc., while trying to exercise more. Also, drink A LOT of water.
Abba

Return to General Weight Loss Chat