Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Want To Lose Weight! What Actually Works?

Postby Rush » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling to lose the little extra weight I have for a while now and after doing extensive research, everyone seems to disagree: Slimming World has free food, Weight watchers says to weigh your food, even the NHS's advice has comments below with people disagreeing.

I have 6 months to lose a stone (which I think should be easily achievable) But I also want to be nice and toned for my holiday in August :) I weigh 10 stone, am 18 years old and 5"7!

So what should I eat/shouldn't I eat ( I know it needs to be a lifestyle change) furthermore what exerise should I do? I do 2 half an hour walks uphill a week, I dance 3 times a week and try to swim once a week as well as go to the gym once a week. Please help! I've had an information overload and need a real person to help!

Thanks!
Rush

Postby Stanwood » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Wash your car instead of taking it through the car wash.
Stanwood

Postby Vingon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Keep it simple. If you are using more calories than you are taking in then the wright will.come off. Try to eat smaller meals more often (4 or 5 times per day) by limiting portion size and eating more frequently, youre metabolism will be raised. Continue the exersize program but try to gradually increase the intensity. Results may take a month as your body adapts, but stick to a routine where possible. Good luck!
Vingon

Postby Avichai » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Set performance-based goals. Always set yourself incrementally larger goals each week to make sure you?re engaged and have something to shoot for. Each little achievement is also a reward that you?re going in the right direction. From doing 10 more squats to mastering a whole new yoga pose, whatever floats ones boat.
Avichai

Postby danon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Hey! :) I am 18 also!

So far what has worked for me is I first find out what my BMR is. I then add maybe like 100 - 200 calories to that. I then see how many calories I burn from exercising in that certain day that you either walk or dance and I add those calories to my BMR also. And that's the amount of calories I eat for that day.

So my BMR is about 1400. That's what I burn if I just was in bed all day. So we burn calories from just walking to make dinner or use the bathroom so I add about 100 - 200 calories so now I'm at 1600.

I also try to burn 400 - 500 calories each day from exercise. So my calorie intake is now at 1900 - 2000.

That's how many calories I eat a day and I have lost almost 10 pounds so far!

You should try to never eat under your BMR because your metabolism will slow down and you won't lose as much weight as fast. (I've been there and trust me don't starve yourself!)

As for types of exercise, I think any is fine! But I'm going for a lean and less muscular figure so I stick with just brisk walking and pilates and yoga. :)

And as for types of food I honestly don't eat 100% healthy. I would consider my food intakes to be like half healthy foods and half junk food. Sorry I can't give up my candy and ice cream haha. xD I live by everything in moderation! And hey I'm still losing weight!

I hope I could help you with my answer! Good luck with your weight loss! :)
danon

Postby Ahern » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Stop counting you re not going to be lose weight overnight Just concentrate on diet and exercise
Ahern

Postby Byrley » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:21 pm

there is not any consumer-friendly thank you to shed extra pounds. weight problems does no longer be a fatal disease if it have been. consume much less flow greater is the least complicated way i'm able to positioned it. everyone seems to be distinctive so what works for one won't continuously artwork for yet another.
Byrley

Postby Troyes » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Chewing your food thoroughly will not only make digestion easier, but will allow your body time to recognise if it is actually full, thus preventing pigging out.
Troyes

Postby Dallan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:32 pm

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!
Dallan

Postby Jack » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 pm

If you experience food cravings, try a high fibre diet supplemented which has a daily dosage of chromium. This can reduce your sensitivity to insulin, and is probably the easiest ways to help you lose fat.
Jack

Next

Return to Slimming World