Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Want To Go To The Hospital. Help Me?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Tallon » Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 am

Im 18. I just wanna feel like I'm being cared for, my family hates me dearly. I came close to committing suicide twice already by jumping off my balcony. Nothing seems to impress my parents. My sisters never want to talk to me, and I'm just there putting a happy face mask on over my depressed face. Im already on medication and I have a psychiatrist and psychologist. I'm currently on homeschool because at school I'm treated like crap by my teachers and other students. They say I'm cool to be around, but they never hang with me. Teachers never talk to me. I have a's and b's in school before I went to homeschool but my grades dropped quickly. Even my childhood neighbor doesn't hang around me anymore, literally forgot about me. I'm the outsider in my family and due to my depression and medication, I've been gaining weight. I just want to put a gun to my head and end it all. Thanks to whoever replies. Sorry for the story
Tallon

Postby Devion » Wed May 31, 2017 12:06 am

A lot of people feel this way. I tried to suicide and the worst part wasn't the pain, it was seeing my family's pain.

Laying in a hospital bed and seeing my sister's face.

My dad never said it to me, but he told others he was worried about me.

My mother almost cancelled all her concerts and bought a plane ticket to see me.

My sister had a mental breakdown in the middle of a solo concert.

My mum made several videos with people saying they love me.

I thought they all hated me. I am a failure and a waste of time, but they do love me and I live for them.

Seeing how much I hurt them is too much. If I died, it would be even worse.

People love you and care for you, they just don't understand that they need to show it. Try telling them how you feel. It may not work, but perhaps it will if you keep telling them instead of doing something stupid for attention.
Devion

Postby Labhruinn » Wed May 31, 2017 12:07 am

Then go. What's stopping you? Check yourself in. Take that step. They will care for you for a few days, and then after that, what are you gonna do?

You gotta get around people who truly care about you and love you. What I HOPE you do is check yourself in so that you're safe, and then maybe it will open up peoples eyes and they'll care for you as well? And after that, you need to focus on going to therapy or something, taking up a hobby, and exercising- all of that will make you feel so much better.

If I could, I'd talk to you all night, & give you a hug. It's a shame when someone feels unwanted, because just around the corner, there's someone waiting to make that person's day, they just don't get the chance.

Best wishes
Labhruinn

Postby Barklie » Wed May 31, 2017 12:08 am

Sorry to hear what your going through depression is a horrible thing for anyone to cope with. However with the help of your doctors and medication you will soon be back on track,there is a lot in life you have to look forward to for example you are very bright you can see that from the grades you were getting in school also your still only 18 you have your whole life ahead of you. Depression is making you feel like its the end of the world but it really isn't. It will be a good idea for you to explain to your parents how you are feeling. Hang in there it will get better.
Barklie

Postby Ashu » Wed May 31, 2017 12:09 am

Hang in there. And talk to your doctors. I went through a horrible battle with anxiety and depression and thought it would never end. Finally I'm seeing light. It took strength, dedication, and the right combo of meds. I also felt like no one understood me but finding a great therapist and talking to people who suffered with the same issues helped a lot. Keep your head up. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.
Ashu

Postby Aitan » Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 am

Please don't hurt yourself. Go to the ER and tell them what you said here. They will have you assessed and admitted to the psychiatric hospital. Or tell your parents, psychiatrist or psychologist and they can help you with it
Aitan

Postby Gibbesone » Wed May 31, 2017 12:15 am

Dawg we all got something in life that we struggle with but in the end its what makes us tougher! Trust me , me as a kid use to get beaten ALOT by my bro n my parents and i went through all kinds of physical pain. I would pretend to be asleep to not go to skool n my dad would hit us with a belt till we got up and we were so use to the pain that the belt was nothing anymore, i get punched now in days and im like watever when other people would be crying. If u sis goes through the pain ur going thru, she wouldt last a second but YOU will last en eternity if u get thru this u will be tougher than alot of people Mentally
Gibbesone

Postby Hamlet » Wed May 31, 2017 12:18 am

Listen,

Life is tough, that's a given.

When you stand up, you're gonna be shoved back down.

When you're down, you're gonna be stepped on.

My advice to you doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles. It's no secret, you'll fall down, you stumble, you get pushed, you land square on your face.

And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it.

Remember this, success has been and continues to be defined as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down.

If experience has taught me anything, it's that nothing is free and living ain't easy.

Life is hard, real hard, incredibly hard.

You fail more often than you win, nobody is handing you anything.

It's up to you to puff up your chest, stretch your neck and overcome all that is difficult, the nasty, the mean, the unfair.

You want more than what you've now, PROVE IT!

You have the power within you to overcome all this.

But when you overcome all this bullshit man your gonna be stronger, your gonna be tougher.

When I was your age I felt like the world was against me too; and everyday I did nothing but play videos games and drown out the pain of living. And that did nothing for me. I had to get out there and figure out what made me happy; figure out what gave me a passion, a purpose, a drive!

Not your mom, not your dad, not your sister; is gonna help you. You gotta do it for yourself. You gotta prove it to yourself that you can overcome all that crap.

You don't have to give up; because you haven't even started.

Ending your life is just taking the easy way out, and I know it's hard to hear but that's the most selfish thing you can possibly do. Everyone has stresses in our lives! EVERYONE, but it's up to us to overcome our stresses and make them positives. FIGHT BACK with everything you have; because this is the only chance we get in this world. Take the problems in your live and slowly learn how to deal with them to become a stronger version of yourself. Then start your path to finding what truly makes you happy. You'll find it; I promise, you just gotta stick around and figure it out.

I promise you, life gets better. Take it from someone who was bulled all his life, beaten by his twin brother, hated by his parents and hated by every single person in school, because of a lie.

I'm still learning how to deal with all this; and I'm stronger than I have ever been in my whole life. Nothing can stop me from accomplishing my goals. and that fire that grew inside me is now the fuel that burns when I need the strength to carry on.

Find this and I promise you, you'll succeed in life.

I hope this helps
Hamlet

Postby Mervyn » Wed May 31, 2017 12:19 am

I understand everything you're going through. It will all it so much better. Sometimes the darkness gets bigger before it gets better. To help until it gets better, find a hobby. I know when you're depressed, nothing interests you, but music always helps, learn something new. It keeps your mind off of it. I promise it does better, dont lose hope. Im a living example. I care and believe you. Im always here.
Mervyn

Return to Depression & Weight Loss