Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Want Super Long Hair?

Diet Pill Discussion

I Want Super Long Hair?

Postby Bradburn » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:22 am

I have just started this thing where every other day I put 2 raw eggs mixed with 5 tsps olive oil on my hair, then the other days this mixture of mashed banana, honey, olive oil, eggs, etc. for about 30 minutes each. I want reallyyyyy long hair, if I can, past my butt, it's just passed my shoulder blades right now. Good regimen or do you guys know of a better way?
Bradburn

I Want Super Long Hair?

Postby Illanipi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:25 am

Best advice from Hollywood's well known hairstylist in the 80's once said: "Keep foods in your mouth and hair products on your hair."

You get 100% MORE BENEFITS by having a banana smoothie, make an omelette or egg salad sandwich on wheat, make a green spinach salad with olive oil & vinegar dressing.

You massage your scalp when you shampoo your hair.

NEVER take supplements without your doctor's OK. Buy/use supplements at your own risk.

If you've straightened your hair in the past, it may grow slowly or none at all.

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" http://www.foodforhealthyhair.com/ http://sg.news.yahoo.com/food-for-health... - or 10 Best Foods for Your Hair. http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/0...

NO MATTER which link you picked, they all suggest the same foods. Your hair may be the fastest-growing tissue in the body but, unlike the skin, it cannot repair itself. That is why getting the right balance of vitamins and proteins is imperative. Don't expect to look like you've stepped out of a hair commercial the day after you've changed your diet. It is likely to take at least three months before you actually see tangible results. Hair is dead, but hair also has electrical energy; the negative charge of damaged hair can lead to flyways and unruly hair.

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tampered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .

"You find people oiling hair every single day, the hair sweats and it doesn?t get washed. What do you think happens? It goes limp and becomes thin because it is not breathing,? Shamillah Mohammed, a hairstylist at SUQA, says.

5 Hair MYTHS - BUSTED

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_st?

?Old wives? tales and ineffective products that claim to treat or rehabilitate hair often have a placebo effect because people want them to work,? says Davis-Sivasothy, author of ?Hair Care Rehab,? (www.haircarerehab.com). ?But many of these ideas and products actually do the opposite of what?s intended, and they delay the user from seeking out real solutions.?

Davis-Sivasothy debunks the following common hair-care myths:

? Myth: There?s a magic pill (or oil, serum or balm) to grow our hair faster, stronger or thicker. Unfortunately, no. Hair growth is genetically predetermined and controlled by our hormones. Unless the magic pill affects our genes or hormones, there?s no hope that it might make our hair grow. (This includes prenatal vitamins. Credit the upsurge in hormone levels during pregnancy for those vibrant tresses!) Basic vitamin supplements can offer slight improvements in hair quality, but only if our body truly lacks the particular vitamin or mineral being taken.

Best answer comes from people with Avatars, showing their healthy shiny, soft, silky, smooth hair.
Illanipi

I Want Super Long Hair?

Postby Libby » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 am

Massage your scalp every night and eat lots of protein foods. You can take vitamin E supplements for healthy skin, hair and nails or vitamin B12 which is important for hair growth. Some people take Biotin pills and that seems to help. Try using avocado and banana hair masks once a week, that made my hair grow. I also use a product called pro naturals moroccan argan oil after each shower and it helps a lot since argan oil has more benefits for your hair than any other. Their shampoo and conditioner is equally good because it's sulfate free so it makes hair healthier and softer. You can get some online. Oh and get trims regularly, split ends stunt growth.
Libby

I Want Super Long Hair?

Postby Jeriel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 am

Here's what I do and it's working

First I took off about 3 inches of damage. After I shower I put In Aussie split end remedy but I like the Pantene one better. Then I put In macadamia oil. Once a week I use a deep conditioner. Before I put oil and the other stuff in, I brush my hair then rinse my hair with very cold water under the sink which makes it not frizzy. Don't wrap it in a towel too it causes breakage. Domt use heat. Lastly take hair skin and nails vitamins. Remember it will take a while but it is worth it.
Jeriel

I Want Super Long Hair?

Postby Jeanne » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:48 am

I have three suggestions that can help and they literally take no time out of your day no more disgusting egg smell :P

1. Take good care of your hair: if you use heat every day use heat protected because heat damages the hair and creates split ends. Make sure you condition and take good care making sure there is no split ends and that it is not dead.

2. Biotin: I've taken biotin for years it is a special vitamin for you hair and nails. It promotes hair and nail growth.You can get it at any grocery store or Organic store. Its 1-3 pills a day according to different brands. Biotin is also in some foods like Carrots and Nuts. :)

3. Prenatals: If you are in your child birthing years (or if you have had your period) you can ask you doctor if you can take prenatal for Vitamins. and No you dont have to be pregnant to take the vitamins. See what it is is double the vitamins because the extra goes to the baby but if you are not pregnant you will just pee the excess out giving you the needed vitamins. It has a TON of biotin and makes your hair and nails super strong. I have been taking them everyday for 2 years and i am not pregnant. I did ask my doctor. I would ask your doctor first because everyone is different. I have noticed a huge difference my hairs grown about 2 inch each month and my nails are healthy and strong. I would suggest this is my preferred method out of the 3 but #1 is very important.

Hope you got something out of that :)
Jeanne

Return to Diet Pills & Supplements