Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Walk For 1hr @7.4kmh & Cycle 10km @33kmh To Loose Weight. Do I Need Protien Supplements To Prevent Muscle Burn ?

I Walk For 1hr @7.4kmh & Cycle 10km @33kmh To Loose Weight. Do I Need Protien Supplements To Prevent Muscle Burn ?

Postby Nathaniel » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 pm

First of all, beer goes straight to your middle.  If you look up "empty calories," you'll find beer right at the top of the list. I gave it up about 5 months ago because I have a young child and can't afford to slow my reaction time.  I've lost about 15 lb(~7Kg) with no change in my activity level.  My beer consumption was comparable to yours, and I'm considerably older than you are. They don't call it a beer belly for nothing. Both of the activities you mention are aerobic, which is great for your weight loss program. However, neither of them will put on a lot of muscle.  If you were pumping iron several times a week, you would probably need more protein in your diet. Aerobic exercise takes more in the way of complex carbs.  If you eat a vegetarian diet, you are probably getting enough already. However, you might increase your intake of some foods, like legumes, that contain both carbs and protein, as you do need some to improve your muscle tone. I don't know if you are a vegan. If you are not, fish, milk, and cheese are excellent sources of protein, and you don't have to buy them as supplements. On that note - supplements have a dubious reputation among those in the know - doctors of medicine and nutritionists.  A daily multivitamin is OK, but most of us should be getting all of our nutrients through the foods we eat. You're already food-conscious, so it should be easy for you to modify your diet to get what you need.
Nathaniel

Previous

Return to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle