Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Need Some Help. I'm Stressing Out!?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Janyd » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:50 pm

So long story as short as I can-

I'm 15. I'm a girl. I'm about 5ft 9in. I weigh 170lbs.

I've always struggled with my weight.

This is my first year wrestling. At first I liked it, but I'm the first girl the school has ever had as a female wrestler and the guys just have not welcomed me to the team and the season is almost half over. It's been really stressful and it sucks. I don't want to go to practice. I don't want to do anything. I just want to eat all the time.

I love my job. I love working. I work for a local horse barn. I've been working as much as I can. Over Christmas Break the practices are all optional. But, I work mornings and practices have all been mornings so I've missed them. At first I felt bad about it, but now I just want to crawl under a rock.

My sister is anorexic. She's always had mood swings, but other than that, it hasn't effected her much. I have had soo many thoughts of going anorexic, too. But if I were to faint or whatever from it and have everyone know about it, I'd be really embarrassed. My coach lets me wrestle where I want to (weight wise) because he doesn't want me to go on a "girl diet" and starve myself and go anorexic or bulimic.

I set myself a weight loss goal for the end of May since that will be 2 months after wrestling ends and then a week or two after that summer starts. Since I'm 15, 5'9", I can overlap my fingers around my wrist, I've decided that 150lbs would be a good goal for me. Until the 20th we are very busy in wrestling with 2-3 meets a week and I'm thinking if I wait until after then I can drop to the 160lbs weight class (I'm 170), then after that down to the 152lbs weight class until end of season. If I followed this I'd be at 152lbs some time February.

My goal is 150lbs, unless as I lose weight, I become toned and muscled (like Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke or, even better, Miley Cyrus in The Last Song).

What are some good tips to help me get over this little depression and achieve my goal? I asked my sister and she told me not to sleep, work 3rd shift at a machine shop, drink energy drinks on an empty stomach, and never eat. :/

Also, how can I not eat too much? I eat food when I'm upset and that is my biggest set back.
Janyd

Postby Weolingtun » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Take a drink of water for every bite of food you have.
It works; trust me.
Weolingtun

Postby adrian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:57 pm

I've had a similar problem before. So, I'll try to help. Okay...

First off: how to stop eating so much

Well, you can portion your food out. Figure out how much you need to eat in a meal to get the calories you need and then portion your food out to that. And then put it on a *small* plate. That will trick your mind into thinking there is more food there than there really is. That'll help.

If you ever feel like stress eating, just stop yourself and ask "Am I really hungry? Or do I just need something to do to keep my mind off the stress?" What I do is chew bubblegum. there's flavor and it gives me something to do. That might help you as well. Or, you could try working out whenever you are stressed, going for a walk, writing, playing a mindless game to distract you, etc. It's just a matter of transferring your stress into something that can be handled.

Second: your sister

Okay, do not listen to that crap. It'll just make you ill and pissed off at the world. It does not help. Work out and eat healthy. That's all you can do, Devise a fitness plan and stick with it, making changes whenever you hit a plateau. You could ask your coach to help you with that, Just make sure to work out on a regular basis and not overdo it, adjust it when needed, and work out your entire body. Whenever you see progress, you'll start feeling better. Don't let your sister make you feel bad; she's more than likely to start make snippy remarks when she sees that you are looking better.

Alrighty, that's all I can say. Good luck to you!
adrian

Return to Depression & Weight Loss