Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Need Some Healthy Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner, And Snack Ideas?

Discuss Bulimia

Postby Salhford » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Hey :) congratulations on recovering from bulimia. I am a 17 year old girl whos also recently recovered, so I know exactly how hard it is. I found that when I stopped throwing up, I was really obsessed with eating 'safe' foods, those that are really healthy. I got bored, so I got quite creative with how I had my meals.

For breakfast, I love a banana smoothie. I got into the habbit of having this when I was still throwing up, because bananas are an excellent source of potassium, which your body loses when you purge. I made my smoothie out of about 6oz of trim milk, 1/2 a banana, a teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla essance and a couple of drops of artificial sweetner (optional). This is so nice, and great for your body.

Another alternative breakfast idea I love is porridge. I would buy sachets becasue this made it easy for me to control my portions. I would cook it water, and serve with apples, sultannas and a sprinke of cinnamon on top. This is also really healthy, and the oats full you for longer, so you don't get hungry and feel the urge to binge.

My standard lunch is usually canned chicken, a calcium enriched milk drink and fruit. I find that is really easy to take to school or work, plus its healthy. I like to mix things up at home. My favourite is a salid made of microwave cooked vegatable stirfry, 1/2 a can of chickpeas and a can of canned meat (salmon and tuna are nice, but these aren't for everyone). This probably doesn't sound nice, but it really is yummy.

At subway, they also sell salads. These are soo yum, low in calories and healthy. I like ham with avocqado and honey mustard sauce. Great food, but can be a little more expensive then homemade options.

If you have a little more time, cut an apple or 2 up and bake the pieces for a few minutes in the oven. Then heat up some mixed berries and pour over.

What I have for dinner depends on what night it is. When I'm at work (I have a night job in a supermarket) I buy a low calorie tomato soup, and sometimes have it with a wholemeal bun and apple. Otherwise, I have a salad from subway or make my own. My favourite salad is a bean salad. I make it buy mixing about half a can of chickpeas and kidney beans, about 7 sliced and cooked grean beans, half a red pepperone red onion and about 1/2 can of pineapple chunks. I then make a dressing of a tiny bit of olive oil, a couple of table spoons of basalmic vinager, and a teaspoon of garlice and brown sugar. I bring these to the boil and then pour over the salad, then leave to cool in the fridge. This is sooo yummy, and doesn't take too long to make.

My favourite snacks are fruit, carrots and hummus (yum), dried fruit (if you have a dehydrator, you can make your own), trim lattes or hot chocolates (you can buy sugar free chocolate powder) or apples and low fat yogurt. I also find that scroggin or trail mix helps my exercise. I often have this at night, and when I run the next morning it feels like I'm on fire. Theres a website I like that has heaps of healthy snacks and recipes in it which I'll paste in the sources. Some of them are weird but some are great.

I really hope this helps. Good luck with your recovery :) xx
Salhford

Postby Azaryahu » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi. Okay anyways lol Im 15 and started doing the 17 Day diet. Its pretty simple and ive learned lots of the right things to eat. For breakfast eat something that will give you good energy and fill you up. I recomment eggs, especially egg whites. Mix it up and put some stuff in. I like to put onions and cheese in mine. For lunch I would recommend a good, filling salad. Put some steak, shrimp, or chicken on top. Have some fruit with your lunch also. Grapes, stawberries, etc. Also maybe throw in a cheese stick with your lunch as something yummy. For dinner eat what sounds good but healthy. Maybe some steak with veggie and a small portion of mashed potatos. Simliar things like that. Good snack ideas are yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, maybe ever a sandwich or something. I recommend buying the 17 day diet book. Its amazing. I have gone down 2 pant sizes in 3 weeks. Im 15, 5'7 and I weigh 155 pounds. Im not fat, but im not comfortable in my body. Eating healthier and loosing weight in a healthy way is the best feeling ever! Good luckkkkkk
Azaryahu

Return to Bulimia