Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

I Need Help With Self Harming (15 Years Old)?

Discuss Bulimia

Postby Wynfrith » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Im 15 years old and recently i have started to self harm. Over the last year my aunt who i was extremely important to me passed away after a traumatic fight against cancer and sadly lost. Then two weeks ago my uncle passed away after a year of fighting cancer. These deaths have caused me to start self harming a lot. I have cuts most of the way up on both arms and cuts over my stomach and legs. I am also suffering with bulimia which my parents dont know about.

I really want to tell someone about it but i feel that my reasons for being depressed are stupid and that they will think im trying to seek attention. I really dont know what to do :/ What do you think i should do?? and do you know other things to do instead of cutting??
Wynfrith

Postby Gresham » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Remember, you're going to reduce the number of guys who will be attracted to you in the future. When I see a woman with scars on her arms or wherever, I immediately think uh-oh... psycho! I also think "in the future, if I have a child with her, she may hurt the child."

I feel sorry for you. If you go on the internet, you can SEARCH for phone numbers to FREE COUNSELORS who can listen to you anytime of the day or night! Go to any search engine and just type in "free counseling hotline"... (I'm not allowed to tell you the numbers because it will violate the Answers Community Guidelines and/or Yahoo! Terms of Service.)
Gresham

Postby Law » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 pm

You should really tell someone close to you, who you trust. Believe me you need to get the problem sorted because when you look back you'll be left with scars all over you, I've been through it myself and trust me it's not worth it. There's other ways you can deal with it, I promise it gets better :)
Law

Postby Mikhail » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Although i believe cutting gets you know where, and is pointless. it doesn't solve anything, people say it makes them feel better but the problem is still there and the only way is to do it get help. Tell someone, your not doing yourself any favors by keeping your problems to yourself. And i know this sounds harsh but these things can easily lead to suicide.. just think of those effects
Mikhail

Postby Kentigem » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Suicide is a very selfish action. You go away your entire hurts on the men and women you left in the back of. Why do you believe that your aunt and uncle should still be alive? I'm not seeking to be harsh, but death is a part of life. I am certain they were older then 15, for that reason, they have got had their lifestyles. How did you are making their demise about your life? I'm certain they didn't die to hurt you. Why do you think you see it that approach? Do you believe in God? Do you might have religion? Men and women seek suicide when it looks like their highest good. In other phrases, they think the high-quality thing they could do right now could be end all of it. But what for those who preserve going and the things you are facing go, and also you to find victory? What if life after 15 is scheduled to be first-class for you? Are living it out young lady, do not fear, if at the finish of all this, if matters have not gotten better, you can die anyway, all people does! So simply hold on in order that you do not cheat your self out of the threat to peer! I do not consider you may have competently assessed your challenge at 15. Combat it out. Reside it out. Ensure the next day is larger then in these days. How? Via making good choices now!
Kentigem

Postby Brennan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Most people cut as a way to release the emotional pain they are experiencing.
They replace the emotional pain with physical pain because they feel like they can control the physical pain.
Cutting is used as a coping mechanism.
There is a great article at www.yourlifeyourvoice.org about "self-injury" as well as some good articles about developing more positive coping skills.
The link is http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/Discove...

If you would like to talk to someone about what you are going through please feel free to call the Boys Town National Hotline, 24/7, at 1-800-448-3000.

JMK, Counselor
Brennan

Postby Barrlow » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:02 pm

I used to do this when I was your age and I understand it relieves frustration and anger but it's not the answer to your problems.
you need to confide in someone, if you don't feel comfortable doing it to a family member you could try a friend or go to your doctor and asked to be referred to someone.The reason I am suggesting this is because a couple of years after i started self harming i tried to kill myself and luckily did not suceed.
it is a slippery slope and will leave you ugly scars I still have some from 12 years ago).
What you need to remember is that, problems in life are not always caused by your own doing - so there is no need to take it out on yourself. there are other and better ways to vent your anger and frustration. i used to self harm because i got bullied and i thought i was worthless and i deserved it, but looking back that was there problem and not mine.
you are only young and got a lot to learn but one thing I will tell you is that life is full of ups and downs, highs and lows, happiness and grief, it's always chaning. this is something you leanr to accept as you get older, but when your a teenager it's very diffuclt to cope with the emotions of all these things. but it will get better and you will find better ways of coping with things. even if it's just punching a punch bag, screaming at the top of your lungs, listening to music, going for a run, having a good rant to a friend but please don't take it out on yourself. you never really know how much people really care about you until it's too late. i honestly thought that no one would care if i killed myself, but when i was in hospital loads of people came to see me, people i thought that didn't care and people i hadn't seen for years.
just because you might not have seen someone for a while, or just because they might not tell you enough doesn't mean they don't care. when you are older and wiser you'll never be able to get rid of the scars it's not worth it.
hope this helps. xx
Barrlow

Postby Chiram » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:09 pm

aww bless you sweetie :( sorry to here about your family members,i think you should tell you mum /family member and seek help by talking to them maybe seeing a councillor ...if your family have lost these people to i'm sure they don't want to lose you to sweetie im sure she will be a bit sad a bout you doing this to your self but i think she would rather no so she can help and she will be understanding . please dont carry on doing this to your self and please eat you have got the rest of your life ahead of you and im sure the people who have passed away are looking down at you thinking they dont want you to do this they will want you to be happy and to think about all the good memories seek help xxx
Chiram

Postby jordanna34 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Suicide is a very selfish action. You leave all of your hurts on the people you left behind. Why do you think that your aunt and uncle should still be alive? I am not trying to be harsh, but death is a part of life. I'm sure they were older then 15, thus, they have had their life. How did you make their death about your life? I'm sure they didn't die to hurt you. Why do you think you see it that way? Do you believe in God? Do you have faith? People seek suicide when it seems like their highest good. In other words, they believe the best thing they could do right now is end it all. But what if you keep going and the things you're facing pass, and you find victory? What if life after 15 is scheduled to be GREAT for you? Live it out young lady, don't worry, if at the end of all this, if things haven't gotten better, you'll die anyway, everybody does! So just hold on so that you don't cheat yourself out of the chance to see! I don't think you have properly assessed your situation at 15. Fight it out. Live it out. Make sure tomorrow is greater then today. How? By making good decisions now!
jordanna34

Postby Jaydee » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Cutting is an easy outlet for anger and pain, but it's just a bandaid for the soul. You need to find a more constructive outlet for what you're feeling, or at the very least, a less harmful one. Try doing something physical, preferably a little violent. It'll help you get through this without harming yourself.
Jaydee

Next

Return to Bulimia