Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I'm Very Confused Right Now About If "looks" Does Help More Or Not?

Postby Grufydd » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:28 am

I "completely understand" that is about the personality of how he/she treats you good & cares about you. There are some people that dates other people of their looks,cute face,hot body or just simply they just look like hot celebrities. Which is true.

Now here is the tricky part. Me I go for the personality which is my #1 priority. I have been getting allot of ladies attention because they say they like my personality & I'm also cute too. Yes those 2 young ladies have good personality too just like me but 1st girl is.......not attractive looking & the other is.......fat. No offense! If they had cute face, it will "help" more. I can't imaged myself kissing her with her 20 pimples in her face. It sounds negative of me saying this but I'm trying my best not be.

For example, Emma Watson is dating a guy who doesn't look like a handsome guy but she is dating him because I believe is his personality. I can't not do the same that the girl that I'm dating has good personality but she is not pretty. It does help more if she had cute face.

I just don't know I'm VERY CONFUSED right now. You can criticize me for for choosing both "personality & looks" instead of 1 "personality only." Jesus is a handsome man. The Virgin Mary is pretty.
Grufydd

Postby Avrel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 am

If anything, I'd like to start with LOOKS first and THAN...personality. Not the other way around.

If the person I'm interested in or vise versa, I would prefer them to be appealing to the eye. It's true. Personality is great, but you have to be honest with yourself. If you aren't sexually attracted to your potential partner, it isn't going to work out. That's why I PREFER..to find/have someone be attractive so that I can be like in my head "Okay, they're decent enough looking in MY OPINION...now let's see if they have the personality to match!"

this is my opinion. I don't think it's shallow to look for looks in a person. Just be honest. You aren't attracted to them. They have a nice personality, but not what you're looking for. You prefer decent-looking people with good personalities, just like me. What's wrong with that?

Some may argue that "Well, what if that person isn't attractive, but has an amazing personality?!" -- Well, perhaps we can be friends and PERHAPS..in the future...far..in the future, be potential bf/gf.

Some may also say "Well, what if that person was attractive, but has a bad attitude?!" -- then I'll probably run away, lol. In my opinion...again........it's easier to deal with a un-decent looking person than a person with a nasty attitude.

So yeah. Hope you understand. :D I'm not saying being "shallow"...... is OKAY, but simply, it's not bad to be specific about what you want in a potential partner.~!
Avrel

Postby burdett » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:57 am

Shallow as f.
burdett

Postby Mayhew » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:58 am

Usually if you like someones personality they become attractive to you.

But it's not really bad if you want someone who's beautiful to you and has a good personality

You just shouldn't be close minded when you do find someone lacking the other
Mayhew

Postby Neka » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 am

Stop saying that personality is #1 to you as it evidently isn't.
It's equal which is absolutely fine and you shouldn't feel bad about it.
Looks are important and they definetly do help or else you might as well just make your girlfriend your friend as you don't sound all that bothered about her.
Neka

Postby Harford » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:38 am

Don't beat yourself over it. Those are probably just your pet peeves and flaws that you can't overlook in girls. Maybe if you met a girl that wasn't "cute" but didn't have pimples or wasn't overweight, but had a great personality, you would date her. I think you should not lead those two girls along especially if you are repulsed by them. You can't help yourself. And you don't want to be stuck dating someone that you think is physically unattractive if it makes you uncomfortable.
Harford

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem