Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I'm Ttc With Ivf And Wanting To Go On Slimming World Should I Follow There Pregnancy Plan?

I'm Ttc With Ivf And Wanting To Go On Slimming World Should I Follow There Pregnancy Plan?

Postby Wine » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:30 am

Hi everyone hope your all well :)

I'll try and keep this short lol.

Me and my husband are going on the NHS for our IVF treatment, we only get 1 chance so after that we pay NHS 4 grand each time. I have been advised to get my BMI under 35 once I have hit my target we are then on a 7 month waiting list, my husbands sperm count is 0.83 million and this is dangerously low, and at the moment I am not ovulating due to my weight but I'm def working that out at the gym! We're getting some of his sperm frozen next week to be on the safe side that's £400 in Manchester for 3 years (for those who are thinking of doing it too). They said it's fine to go on slimming world but what I didn't ask was what plan should I be following? As I'm TTC so surly id need the full fat milk and any other bits. We're saving for IVF for second cycle just in case it doesn't work the first time round. So really my question is what diet plan should I follow the EE as normal or the pregnancy one? If so you say follow the pregnancy one as money is very tight I will be doing this at home alone could you please tell me what the difference is so I can do this please.

Thank you for all your time :)

I've been on slimming world just really wanting to know the what the pregnancy one involves :)
Wine

Postby Akinlana » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:37 am

Hi,

I know how you feel as it took me and hubby 8 years to conceive our daughter! Naturally in the end while we were waiting for treatment.

While TTC I was on weight watchers and did the normal plan right until I was 3 months pregnant. I think losing the excess weight definitely helped. I would say you will be fine on the normal SW plan for now and if you get pregnant then switch.

If it helps give you motivation I lost 3 stone while TTC, conceived after being on WW for 9 months. Put on 20lbs while pregnant which came off 3 months after daughter was born. Still have about a stone to lose but enjoying being a mum rather than weight loss at the moment.

Wishing you loads of luck on your weight loss and baby journey
Akinlana

Return to Slimming World