Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I'm Trying To Gain Weight, Should I Just Stop Exercising Though, Because It Really Isn't Helping?

Learn about Food Metabolism

I'm Trying To Gain Weight, Should I Just Stop Exercising Though, Because It Really Isn't Helping?

Postby Honon » Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 am

I'm a 15 year old girl, 100 lbs, 5'2. For a few months I've been trying to gain weight, but have been unsuccessful mainly because I wasn't consistent, but now I'm taking it more seriously. I was reading online somewhere that if your metabolism is high, (which mine must be because I've been having 3,000 calories a day and haven't gained much) too much exercise is pointless because you'll just be burning off the fat. & I'm not saying sit in bed all day and don't move, obviously I go out and everything. But I've been doing exercises very consistent such as squats, weights, and other leg exercises. But because I'm so skinny, it's not really doing anything because it's really the weight I need on me to make a difference. I don't eat junk food, these are healthy fats and calories. Also plenty of veggies & fruit. Anyway, for the months I've tried this I always exercised while doing it, so maybe I should try not exercising anymore? Cut out the squats & just maybe go on walks every couple of days. Something simple. I mean I am pretty young.. I don't want to be a body builder or anything lol.
Honon

Postby Divakar » Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 am

your 15. i'm sure you will gain weight lol
Divakar

Postby Desmond » Thu May 25, 2017 1:10 am

I?m 5ft 9 and simplest weigh 126pounds that is what works for me; devour typically, if possible each three hours, when your physique realises that it's getting a standard give of food it raises it's metabolism, burning calories quicker and is much less likely to retailer energy as fats. When eating attempt to consume a variety of excessive protein meals and don't go too tough on the carbs. Are trying go easy on trans and saturated fats despite the fact that you're allowed the abnormal treat. Drink tons of water! As a minimum one gallon per day. Tea, espresso and fizzy drinks are O.K however they don' count toward your overall water intake. Vegetables are also very principal they include critical vitamins and antioxidants so incorporate plenty of these for your eating regimen. As for endeavor I do some gentle weight coaching four days a week and cardiovascular (i take advantage of a rowing laptop) two days a week with one days relaxation. There's a usual belief that doing cardiovascular endeavor on an empty stomach helps burn energy. That is absolute rubbish do not do it. Weight training is an effective notion as muscle groups burns plenty of vigour, even even as you sleep. You don't need to turn out to be Mr/Mrs universe but any fats tissue which you could convert to muscles is not going to most effective make you seem higher however increase your metabolism. Getting a lot of sleep is also primary when trying to construct muscle. Excellent luck
Desmond

Postby Nathan » Thu May 25, 2017 1:16 am

When you're lifting weights, do less reps but with more weight. This way you will gain muscle instead of burn fat.
Nathan

Postby Abhainn » Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 am

Gaining weight requires a surplus of calories as well as a good weight lifting program.

Try hitting these macros below.

Eat 1 gram per body weight in protein

Eat 4 times your body weight in carbs

Eat 1/2 your body weight in fat grams

If you're still not gaining weight, up the macros. You have to make eating a priority especially since you're probably a hard gainer aka ectomorph.

You also should lift weights b/c you just don't want to gain belly fat. Compound lifts from free weights is a good starting point. Compound lifts include bench press, dips, pulls ups, push ups, dead lifts, squats, lunges etc. Lean muscle will go a long way.

If you like this answer and need more help, come check out my youtube channel below. I have high protein meals, workouts and other tips, all free advice! link below. http://www.youtube.com/user/sanitary103?...
Abhainn

Return to Food Metabolism