Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I'm Overweight, And I Want To Go On Dr. Atkins' Diet. Which One Is The Right Book?

I'm Overweight, And I Want To Go On Dr. Atkins' Diet. Which One Is The Right Book?

Postby Abhainn » Tue May 09, 2017 12:34 am

I'm overweight. Years ago I had a health problem so I had to stop swimming, which was the only sport/activity I used to do (intensively, almost like an athlete).

I want to comeback to the pools and get a healthy life, but I don't feel so well with myself in the speedo. I need to go on this diet so which is the right book? Here in Brazil I can't find easily someone to give this advice as here this diet hasn't been well seen.

Please someone give me the light! 10 points, I promise!
Abhainn

Postby Darvell » Tue May 09, 2017 12:35 am

DON'T go on the Atkins diet or the CSIRO diet! Denying your body of fruits/vegetables or any sort of carbohydrate is really dangerous.

We are supposed to have a balance of healthy fats/lean protein/complex carbohydrates.

healthy fats: avocado, peanuts, raw milk, coconut, oily fish, olive oil.

lean protein: grass-fed beef, chicken, pork, whole eggs,

complex carbohydrates: wholemeal bread, vegetables and fruit, brown rice.. etc.

don't deny your body any of these really important nutrients. Carbohydrates are fuel for the body to build muscle tissue and maintain healthy brain function.

Fats trigger a response in the brain that tells us that we've had enough to eat and keep us feeling satisfied. certain types of vitamins are only contained in healthy fats.

the CSIRO diet has ALOT of red meat in it, which I don't believe is healthy. a nutritionally balanced meal would ideally be half vegetables, one quarter complex carbohydrates and one quarter lean protein.

Be careful. You may lose alot of weight on the atkins diet but it is not sustainable. People do not get long term results from it. Good luck.
Darvell

Postby Noah » Tue May 09, 2017 12:37 am

Don't stick to it too strictly: you will get no fruits and you might get constipated.
I modified it and I lost plenty of weight--without buying a book or joining a club.
I simply cut down on all these carbs, changed from American bread to European farmer's bread, and added a 32.oz cup of lowfat yogurt with live and active cultures to my diet.

The yogurt is usually high in carbs--but you can let it stand over night at room temp--that will cause the yogurt cultures to eat up the lactose--the less lactose, the less carbs it has.
What I love about it is the fact that it burns belly fat and gets your digestion going.
You are allowed only 20 extra carbs on the atkins diet, and that is 5 crackers---that would kill me.
So I do yogurt, vegetables, lean meat, and 2 - 3 pieces of fruit a day---I've lost plenty of weight with that
Noah

Postby Danell » Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 am

Hi I know of a great site call http://www,clickbankpowerhouse.com they have everything about diets from books to video! Hope this info helps. God bless, take care!!!
Danell

Postby Torrey » Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 am

Ok Here is what your going to want...

The book : Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution

Here it is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Diet-Rev...

Check ebay too, you might get it cheap!

This book will be helpful too, it tells you how many carbs are in certain foods.

Dr. Atkins' New Carbohydrate Gram Counter

Also on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Carbohyd...

If you decide to go on it search around for meal ideas rather than buying a whole book for it.
Most of the time the ideas in the books are to expensive or just require A LOT of work for something like meat balls. lol
Torrey

Postby Edmond » Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 am

Yeah, just like in Brazil. Nobody who went on Atkins talks...

Okay, I'll try listening to you, but please,can someone who really lost weight with this diet give a word? I'll take my conclusions, read the book and analyze it all with a professional help. Just give me the right book so I can buy it!

I'm a young man on vacations having nothing to do. It's the perfect time for getting fit.
Edmond

Postby Andrian » Tue May 09, 2017 12:51 am

rather the the aktins diet have a look for an australian book called the CSIRO diet should be able to order it online. Atkins is high protein diet and is unsustainable long term so when u stop it the weight just goies back on as well as severely raising cholesterol and giving u aweful breath from ketosis
Andrian

Return to Atkins Diet