Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I'm In The First Two Weeks Of South Beach Diet - What Can I Put With...

Postby Logen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:46 pm

the lowfat yogurt and lowfat cottage cheese to make them, well, tolerable. I'm doing okay with most of the rest of the diet, but those two items are pretty hard for me to get down just plain. Any ideas on what I can mix in with those without upsettign the diet? I thought about putting my daily allotment of almonds in there, but those are like the only 'treat' in the plan. :(
Logen

Postby Whitelaw » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:03 am

1. Smucker's Sugar Free preserves would be good in either the yogurt or the cottage cheese.    2. Sugar free Jello.  Believe it or not Jello is really good mixed with cottage cheese or you can mix the   cottage cheese into the Jello before it sets.   Just use a little less water when making the Jello and add the cottage cheese. 3.  I like a cucumber salad made with yogurt.  Mix sliced cucumbers, pepper, onion, and yogurt.  This is best if it sits for a little while.  4.  Cottage cheese will melt!  Cottage cheese is great mixed with brocoli and microwaved just add a little salt and pepper.  It doesn't melt quite like regular cheese but it is really good in warm dishes just don't heat it for too long.  5.  Yogurt can be used to make a good salad dressing or dip for any vegetables and using yogurt in a salad takes more yogurt than you would think so you should be able to get in a whole serving.  Try mixing it with some ranch dressing mix, dill, green onion, or one of those specialty mrs. dash seasonings.  Yogurt would be a really good dressing on a mixed vegetable salad with lean chicken or turkey.  Good Luck!
Whitelaw

Postby Mayo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Try this any time, it's SOOO Good I had the same question when I was on this diet.  Try this, and I promise it will taste Great.   Cottage Cheese Pancake(4 servings) 1 c Cottage cheese 6 Egg 3 tb Flour(After first phase, this is OK) 3 tb Vegetable oil or oil of your choice 1/2 tsp Vanilla Whiz all ingredients up in the blender until smooth. Spoon onto hot griddle and turn as you would any other pancake - you know, when the bubbles appear, enjoy.  Add no-sugar syrup, sweetened with Splenda and your set.   ENJOY! Sources: Personal Experience   Scarecrow's Recommendations The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less Amazon List Price: $27.95 Used from: $5.73 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 88 reviews) The South Beach Diet Parties and Holidays Cookbook: Healthy Recipes for Entertaining Family and Friends Amazon List Price: $25.00 Used from: $5.06 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 20 reviews) Scarecrow 90 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Mayo

Postby Huxley » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:50 pm

I had the same question when I was on this diet.  Try this, and I promise it will taste Great.   Cottage Cheese Pancake(4 servings) 1 c Cottage cheese 6 Egg 3 tb Flour(After first phase, this is OK) 3 tb Vegetable oil or oil of your choice 1/2 tsp Vanilla Whiz all ingredients up in the blender until smooth. Spoon onto hot griddle and turn as you would any other pancake - you know, when the bubbles appear, enjoy.  Add no-sugar syrup, sweetened with Splenda and your set.   ENJOY!
Huxley

Postby Yo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:51 am

Celery Celery is perfect for any diet. The celery itself gives you less calories than you spend to chew it. So, it's a win win situation. juanjosaurio 90 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Yo

Postby zdenek » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Celery is perfect for any diet. The celery itself gives you less calories than you spend to chew it. So, it's a win win situation.
zdenek

Postby Oroitz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:20 am

Here are some ideas 1. Smucker's Sugar Free preserves would be good in either the yogurt or the cottage cheese.    2. Sugar free Jello.  Believe it or not Jello is really good mixed with cottage cheese or you can mix the   cottage cheese into the Jello before it sets.   Just use a little less water when making the Jello and add the cottage cheese. 3.  I like a cucumber salad made with yogurt.  Mix sliced cucumbers, pepper, onion, and yogurt.  This is best if it sits for a little while.  4.  Cottage cheese will melt!  Cottage cheese is great mixed with brocoli and microwaved just add a little salt and pepper.  It doesn't melt quite like regular cheese but it is really good in warm dishes just don't heat it for too long.  5.  Yogurt can be used to make a good salad dressing or dip for any vegetables and using yogurt in a salad takes more yogurt than you would think so you should be able to get in a whole serving.  Try mixing it with some ranch dressing mix, dill, green onion, or one of those specialty mrs. dash seasonings.  Yogurt would be a really good dressing on a mixed vegetable salad with lean chicken or turkey.  Good Luck! Sources: me goodiegoodie 90 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Oroitz

Return to South Beach Diet