Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I'm 14, is dieting at this age bad?

Postby rickey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Recently I've been coming obsessed about my weight and been trying to look like everyone else and be skinny and slim because I'm chubby and I'm fed up of being called fat-_- I've done exercise dvds, watched what i eat, stopped eating even, but nothings working... I'm considering buying Fat Loss 4 Idiots but my mum thinks I'm being stupid as I'm way to young to be worrying about my weight at this age... I'm 5"3 and i weight eight and a half stone :/ and all my friends are taller than me and weigh around 7... please help. Thank you.
rickey

Postby levi29 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Just a healthy diet is good, with no junk food at any age is great and also exercise. If you want to grow a little taller, you may by one or two more inches :)
levi29

Postby marwood » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:02 pm

you need to eat well while you're growing. so whilst it's 'stupid' to worry about your weight at your age it's also just as bad to pay little attention to what it is you should be eating. hopefully if there's any justice in the world your mum will know what natural foods you should be eating and explain to you the importance of eating them. but trust me...there are parents who don't have a clue when it comes to nutrition so if need be you'll have to find out for yourself or speak to a nutritionist. hopefully then you won't be so concerened with losing weight. join a sports team/gym and eat well.
marwood

Postby gwernach » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm 14, and I'm constantly worrying about my weight too. It's not stupid to diet at this age, I've been told you should be careful about what you eat and diets and things at this age because it can affect your future. But you shouldn't stop eating, exercise and eating the right foods are important though.
gwernach

Postby amoux » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:08 pm

What are the first 3 letters of diet....DIE!!
Harsh but true just eat alot healther and cut out junk food and if your chubby, you wont get skinny in a month its going to take time, dont worry you'll get there.
amoux

Postby schylar5 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Yes, you are being stupid. You could damage yourself if you don't eat properly while you're still growing.

I've got a feeling you're going to ignore anything anyone says to you and do it anyway though.
schylar5

Postby beach » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Dieting at ANY age is bad! You need to combine eating healthy foods (fruits, veggies, non processed, low fat) with living an active lifestyle. If you do both of those things, you'll loose weight, be healthy, and just feel better overall :) Try doing activities outdoors that you enjoy, but that would also give you cardio exercise, such as tennis, volleyball, biking, hiking, and swimming. And I'm sure you're a beautiful girl; don't worry about what everyone else looks like! If you have confidence in yourself, it will shine through - no matter what your size!
beach

Return to Fat Loss 4 Idiots