Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

I Feel Like Im Close To Hitting Rock Bottom And Dont Know What To Do?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Nathrach » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:39 pm

so im almost 19

im very un-motivated to the point where i dont wanna do anything just sit on the computer and sleep..

im gaining alot of weight...

im teeth are getting really bad....

i have no friends....

im not close with my family...

i cant keep a job...

i have depression...

im worried i have an std for over a year and still havent been checked..

i get lied to constantly...

im shy...

i dont know what to do..
Nathrach

Postby Colton » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:40 pm

First of all, get yourself checked out to see if you have an std. Doctors aren't allowed to judge. Second of all, join a sports class ir a club, you can lose weight and make new friends. People at these clubs are supportive, friendly and encouraging. Visit the doc and he/ she will prescribe anti depressants. These will help you. With family, try spending time together to get close.
If you feel good, you will look good and it shows. You can change your life so,start now
Colton

Postby Nally » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Hit rock bottom as hard as you can so you bounce back up. That's what I do.
Nally

Postby avichai » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:48 pm

The good thing is you realise life is not the way you want it. Rather than carry on this way, its up to you to make small changes. Change is hard but by making small daily goals you can make a complete change to things. If the low feeling are constant and have been for sometime talk to your GP.

You can change and have a good life.
avichai

Postby kaelin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:50 pm

it happens to me too. point out all the things that bother and u and tell someone U trust. make it known tht u really mean something and u dont wnt to be known as indifferent. if u dont have courage, it means ppl are able to overpower u, u can let tht happen. u need to show ppl u have soul and strength. (if u need any more advice, let me know)
kaelin

Postby Winter » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:52 pm

To be told that God is the answer to all your problems is a little too easy. I'm certain that you may find comfort in some prayer, but realistically you need to sort out your life and get motivated. I'm going to give you some advice, but you MUST follow it and start getting your life in order otherwise, like the Titanic, you will end up sinking into an abyss. I can only advise you about your health issues if you reside in the UK. If you are in America, you may have to seek alternative arrangements.

First of all, get yourself along to your local General Hospital and attend their STI or GU clinic. If you are afraid of giving your name and address, do not worry, you do not have to. You can give a false name and they will never ask any questions. Get yourself tested for whatever STD you think you may have. Leaving it could result in terrible consequences. You can remain anonymous and your results will be immediate and any treatment will be given free of charge. You will also get some expert advice and there is nothing they have not already dealt with thousands of times before. At best, you will have peace of mind that you have nothing to worry about, and that will be one less worry off your plate.

Next thing you must do is attend your local dentist and sign up to be an NHS patient. If you are out of work, your treatment will be free and today's modern dentistry is brilliant. Believe me, you will not suffer any pain and in no time at all, your teeth will be sorted and you will feel so much more confident in yourself.

Regarding your weight problem. You do not have to go on a strict diet or go into a strict exercise routine to lose a few pounds. Take a walk, regularly and make it for about 30 minutes, twice a day. Believe me you will soon feel the benefit. Walking in the fresh air, and seeing what is going on in the world outside your home is very invigorating. You will be exercising and possibly meeting people and having a conversation. That is the start of the motivation you seek.

When it comes to food, you must eat more healthy. No more soft drinks and sugary foods. That is the reason your teeth are getting bad. Eat more fruit and fibre.

You will find that these small changes that you make in your life will lead to big changes elsewhere. You will find friends and people who will take an interest in you. You will feel more confident and outgoing.

As far as a job is concerned, you need to decide what you want to do and go for it. Get yourself as much education and knowledge about the job you want to do and follow a routine. Self discipline is the key here. A positive attitude will get you a very long way. Once people see how keen you are to succeed there will be no stopping you.

Speak to your doctor about your depression. He can help with counselling and if necessary drugs to combat it. All it takes is a little effort on your part. You can turn the corner and make something of your life if you really want to.

Best of luck.
Winter

Postby Rutley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Do you have the Irlen Syndrome??? Anyways, force yourself to go out and try new things...Do you like sports? Camping? Hiking? You should try it!! Have you ever thought of joining the army?
Rutley

Postby amoux » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 pm

If I could use only one sentence to point you toward lasting happiness it would be this: True happiness can only be found in God, for only He can meet the deepest yearnings of our hearts. Let me explain.

You see, we aren't on this earth by accident. God created us, and He put us here for a reason: to know Him and to enjoy His presence in our lives, both now and throughout eternity. God even created us with an empty place in our hearts?an empty place that He alone can fill. The Bible says, "He has also set eternity in the hearts of men" (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

Whenever we try to fill that empty place with anything or anyone other than God, we are bound to fail. No matter how many things we have or how successful we are, that empty place is still there. But when we come to Christ, we discover that God loves us, and He makes us part of His family. More than that, He comes to live within us by His Holy Spirit. Think of it: God wants you to be part of His family forever?beginning now.

By faith turn to God and tell Him that you know you need Him. Then open your heart and life to Christ and ask Him to fill the empty places in your life. Jesus promised, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives" (John 14:27). Turn to Christ today and discover the joy and peace He alone can give.

The most encouraging videos I have ever seen! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/god-so-lov...
amoux

Postby Roan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 am

Listen, doesnt matter whether i got this from my mind or even from a book which i didnt, its complicared but i will tell you this, this fall i think your heading for - its a special kind, you see the kinda fall your heading for, your not permitted to hear yourself fall and you'll find that you will just keep falling and falling - kinda like dying nobly for a cause ; if you know what i mean. Strangely enough it seems this arrangement has been designed for men like yourself who felt that society couldnt supply you with what you needed OR rather they could not - get it? I feel your giving up before your starting to look - you havent started looking yet mate. Once you get past all these minor troubles you will get closer and closer - if you want to and if you look for it and wait for it - to the kind of information that will be dear to your heart. Among other things you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened by human behaviour. Your by no means alone on that score - youll be excited and heck even stimulated to know. Many, many men have been troubled spriitually and morally as you are right now - happily some of them kept records of their troubles. You will learn from them, if you want to and someday if you have something to offer someone will learn from you.

After a while you will have an idea what kind of thoughts your mind should wear - begin to know your true measurements and dress your mind accordingly.

- firerasier - top notch adviser.
Roan

Return to Depression & Weight Loss