Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I feel FAT and UGLY... Any tips on building self esteem?

Postby jorian18 » Sun May 11, 1986 9:14 am

I am 5'7 and 110 pounds. Everyone tells me I look "healthy" but I don't see it. I think I'm fat and ugly. My doctor is worried becuase I lost 20 pounds over 4 months. They just tested me for Celiac Disease (via blood test) because I told them that I was restricting myself from eating a lot because I would feel "fat" or "bloated" after I ate. I don't always feel bloated though, I just don't want to eat because I feel like it will make me fatter. Losing weight makes me feel like I am able to do something that makes me feel better about myself. Whenever I lose a pound or two, my self esteem goes up for a couple days, but then I lose it and want to lose more. My problem is that I have extremely low self esteem. I am already going to a psychiatrist for extreme anxiety, but it's not really helping me with self-esteem or my body image. How do I tell my parents that I can't stand the way I look?? and how do I tell the doctors?? (i don't have any friends so I can't tell them)
jorian18

Postby verddun » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:04 am

I am 5'7 and 110 pounds. Everyone tells me I look "healthy" but I don't see it. I think I'm fat and ugly. My doctor is worried becuase I lost 20 pounds over 4 months. They just tested me for Celiac Disease (via blood test) because I told them that I was restricting myself from eating a lot because I would feel "fat" or "bloated" after I ate. I don't always feel bloated though, I just don't want to eat because I feel like it will make me fatter. Losing weight makes me feel like I am able to do something that makes me feel better about myself. Whenever I lose a pound or two, my self esteem goes up for a couple days, but then I lose it and want to lose more. My problem is that I have extremely low self esteem. I am already going to a psychiatrist for extreme anxiety, but it's not really helping me with self-esteem or my body image. How do I tell my parents that I can't stand the way I look?? and how do I tell the doctors?? (i don't have any friends so I can't tell them)
verddun

Postby ruhleah » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 am

idk how u really look, but u sound good, dont worry everything will always be good, dont doubt urself
ruhleah

Postby takeo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:16 am

i used to be the same way. what helps me feel better is i still eat (because you need to eat) but then i workout (not extreme tho). it helps me feel better about myself. you're not fat at all. you just have to keep telling yourself that. trust me, its a mind thing. not eating will make you sick.
takeo

Postby dalbert » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 am

My girlfriend is only 5"1 and she's 115 and in no way shape or form is she fat, she's tiny and sexy! If you're 5"7 and 110 there is no way in the world you're overweight.
dalbert

Postby watkins46 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:29 am

Babe, your fine. I'm pretty sure you have heard beautiful in your life. That is ok for your height and that shouldn't be a problem in your life
watkins46

Postby aramis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 am

try rephrasing the question first off. don't be so hard on yourself. do this part: it's corny but it works...go to barnes and noble and read self help books. they really helped build my self esteem!
aramis

Postby lyam » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:53 am

try rephrasing the question first off. don't be so hard on yourself. do this part: it's corny but it works...go to barnes and noble and read self help books. they really helped build my self esteem!
Well, from your tiny picture and your weight/height ratio, you definitely seem doable.

enjoy that self-esteem. :D
lyam

Postby jaap8 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:55 am

You are actually underweight, you should talk to a psychologist.
jaap8

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem