Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Am Looking For A Christmas Cookie Recipe That Includes 4 Cups Of Flour, Fruit, Raisins, And Nuts. Can Be Frozen Or Fri

I Am Looking For A Christmas Cookie Recipe That Includes 4 Cups Of Flour, Fruit, Raisins, And Nuts. Can Be Frozen Or Fri

Postby henrick80 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:47 am

This recipe can be rolled onto parchment paper and refrigerated for later use. Got it in 1970 from lab friend at Halifax Hosp. Med. Center. Lost recipe. Love these cookies.Person who made them was from North or South Carolina. My name is Cookie Gill, class of 1969, CLA, taught by Lois Pierce.
henrick80

Postby Arnold » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 am

Dark Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe 1 currants 3 light or dark raisins . What is a good christmas /fruit cake recipe??easy or hard is fine.. booze or not is too. share your best one * 2 years agoChristmas Whiskey Cake1 cup butter2 cups sugar6 large eggs2 teaspoons baking powder3 cups flour, sifted1/2 t. salt1 cup bourbon1 pound pecans, chopped3 cups white raisins(or use candied fruit)1 t. nutmegAND~ a very large bottle of bourbon whiskey ~First, sample the whiskey to check for quality.Assemble all of the ingredients. Check the whiskey again.To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.Repeat this step.Turn on the electric mixer and beat one cup of butter in a largefluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and cream until beat.Make sure the whiskey is still okay... try another cup.Turn off the mixer. Beat six leggs and add to the bowl,then chunk in the cup of dried flut. Mix on the tuner.Throw in two quarts of flour. Gradually pour in the cow.Add 2 dried anything.If the fried druit gets struck in the beaters, pry it loose witha drewscriver. Sample the whiskey and check it again for tonsistency.Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares???Check the whiskey again.Now sift the nutmeg and strain your nuts. Add one table.And the spoon. Of whiskee. Or something. Whatever you find left.Grease the oven.Turn the crake pan to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner.Pour the oven into the batter. Throw the bowl out the window.Lick the batter off the floor.Bake 300 minutes at 50 degrees.Finish the blobble of whishy and flow to bed.Here's my grandma's fruitcake recipe, the best fruitcake ever! It uses real dried fruit, no candied stuff.To have it for Christmas time, be sure to start early, so that it will have at least 1 month of resting timeThe only changes I've ever made to this recipe was to double the amount of brandy and use it to soak the fruits for 24 hours before making the cake.This has a good cake texture with not too much fruit.The cake mixture, using four eggs, fills an eight inch round tin and takes three and half hours to bake at the stated temperature. ;)FruitcakeINGREDIENTS* 2 cups packed brown sugar* 3 cups all-purpose flour* 1 tablespoon baking soda* 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon* 2 tablespoons ground cloves* 2 tablespoons ground allspice* 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg* 4 eggs* 2 tablespoons lemon zest* 2 tablespoons vanilla extract* 1/2 cup brandy* 1 1/2 cups raisins* 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts* 1 1/2 cups dried mixed fruit* 1 1/2 cups butter, melted* 1 3/4 cups brandy Sources: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070927001831AA1w3gP onsakthi 59 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Arnold

Postby Coiseam » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 pm

[Samia's food facts and recipes] Fruitcake, a Christmas tradition I am the proud owner of Housekeeping in Old Virginia, a cookbook written in 1879. My sister-in-law gave it to me in 1990 because she knew how I loved to collect cookbooks(I have a collection of one hundred and fifty). My mother-in-law used the cookbook to make a wealth of traditional holiday favorites, like fruitcake and plum pudding. I was interested in finding a new recipe for this year's fruitcake adventure. After all, I've been making the same old fruitcake for years! I figured it was time for something fresh. This amazing cookbook features not one, not two, but thirteen fruitcake recipes. There are white fruitcakes, dark fruitcakes, fruitcakes with nuts and brandy.The problem is that this antiquated cookbook provides minimal direction on how to actually prepare and bake the cake. I decided to take my search from the past to the futuristic present, and I looked on the Internet for a new fruitcake recipe. I found a wealth of information on fruitcakes -- did you know that Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the United States, had a chef who prepared his signature fruitcake for the President every year at Christmastime? He used an old European recipe that called for currants, but he replaced them with chopped dates, insisting that currants were too dry. I'm inclined to agree! Fascinating fruitcake information aside, I wasn't able to find a recipe that sounded more delicious than my old standby, so I decided to go by the old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" The brandy-soaked fruitcake recipe has prevailed once again.Some of you may be aware of fruitcake's less than appealing reputation. People make fun of it yearly, thanks to the many substandard fruitcakes out there. It is ironic that such a un-delicious dessert is so widely made and distributed during the holidays. There are people who claim that they would rather be stranded at the South Pole than eat fruitcake, mostly because of bad experiences with the bricklike store-bought variety. However, if fruitcake is made properly, it can be decadent and full of flavor. I think you will be surprised as to how moist and tasty this recipe is. I have turned many diehard fruitcake-haters into fruitcake fans. Sources: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2009/12/12/200912120011.asp newuser63816081 59 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Coiseam

Postby Geol » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 pm

- Collapse+ ExpandThe Classic Oatmeal cookies have 146 calories per cookie 54 calories from fat.Here are two recipes that I came across on the weight loss site I use. I have used them both and they satisfiy my sweet tooth. Just remember that low cal/fat does not mean you can eat all the cookies you want.Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.24 Cookies(102 Calories per cookie...8 calories from fat Total fat .9 g 1% of daily total)3/4 cup applesauce1/2 cup light brown sugar1/4 cup dark brown sugar1 egg1/3 cup of milk1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract3 cups rolled oats1 cup whole wheat flour1/2 teaspoons baking soda1/4 teaspoons cinnamon1 cup raisinsPreheat oven 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheetsIn a large bowl cream together applesauce and brown sugars until smooth. Beat in egg and then stir in milk and vanilla. Add the oats, flour, baking soda and cinnamon and mix until well blended. Fold in raisins(you can also add 1 cup chopped of walnuts, but it will up the calorie count). Drop by rounded teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 -10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cook completely.This bar is not as low fat, but lower than your average cookie. It is however lower in calories.(100 calories per bar....45 calories from fat. 5.0 g 8% of daily total.Fruit Walnut Bars1/4 cup butter1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats1/4 cup packed brown sugar2 eggs, beaten1/4 cup light-color corn syrup1/2 cup raisins(sometimes I substitute chopped dates for the raisins, adds 2 calories per bar) 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots1/2 cup chopped walnuts1/2 tsp. ground cinnamonPreheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in a 9×9x2-inch baking pan in the oven(about 6 minutes). Remove from oven. Stir oats and brown sugar into melted butter or margarine; press mixture firmly and evenly onto bottom of pan using the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown around edges.Meanwhile stir together the beaten eggs, corn syrup, raisins, apricots, walnuts, and cinnamon in a large bowl, stirring well. Spoon evenly over partially baked crust. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center appears set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars.Sources: 3 fatchicks.com+ Show complete answerLike this Answer? Thumb Up(0)Send compliment Send message Forward to friends Report abuse Bookmark Discuss this answeradd to Digg Digg it! add to Facebook Add to Facebook add to del.icio.us del.icio.us add to Furl furl it add to Google Bookmarks Google add to reddit reddit add to StumbleUpon Stumbleupon add to Yahoo Bookmarks YahooPlease sign in to give a compliment.Please verify your account to give a compliment.Please sign in to send a message.Please verify your account to send a message.Please sign in before reporting abuse.To help us maintain a healthy community please report any illegal or inappropriate behavior(see our Good Neighbor Policy for details). Your identity will not be reported to the abuser. We will report illegal activity to authorities.Category that describes the problem:Comments:(500 characters remaining)submit | cancelHightest Level: 6Highestlevel: 6danielpauldavisdanielpauldavis See full profileCloseMember since: August 2008ajax Loading awards...Sign in and you can: Private message Become a friend Add to your favesmore"The calorie-death in this one is butter, which you can substitute; also add other chewables for flavor and healthiness."Hightest Level: 6 by danielpauldavis on Dec 26 2008(11 months ago)Official RatingAnswer Rating: 4.0Four starsIf you believe this rating is unfair, you may appeal this rating. When a rating is appealed, a few other users will be randomly invited to give their ratings anonymously.You can only appeal your answer's rating within 90 days of the initial rating and you can have no more than 50 ratings under appeal at a time.This rating is under appeal. Selected users have been invited to give their ratings anonymously. The final rating will be shown when their verdict is received.- Collapse+ ExpandRonda's Oatmeal Bars1 1/2 cups oats1 3/4 cups flour1/2 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. salt1 cup walnut pieces1 cup brown sugar1 tsp cinnamon1 cup melted butterChoice of fruit preservesMix ingredients in the order given. Spread half in a buttered pan. Layer over this, not quite to edges, chosen fruit preserve. Spread the rest of the dough on top. Bake for 30 minutes @ 325 degrees F. Remove, cut, cool.
Geol

Postby nemesio » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Venetian Christmas Cookies Venetian Christmas Cookies1(12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk1 cup nuts, chopped1 cup shredded coconut1 cup candied red and green cherries, chopped1 cup confectioners' sugar1. Combine all ingredients except the confectioners' sugar, mixing completely. Roll the dough into a log, about 2 inches thick. You may need to powder your hands with confectioners' sugar to keep the dough from sticking too much.2. After the log is formed, roll it in confectioners' sugar until it is completely covered. Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.3. When ready to serve, slice into cookies.http://www.momswhothink.com/christmas-cookies/christmas-cookie-recipes-u%11v.htmlDiabetic oatmeal raisin cookies++ Easy I tried many oatmeal raisin cookies recipe for diabetic. Here I will share my husband?s favorite oatmeal raisin cookies recipe. He ... them cool at room temperature. Now oatmeal raisin cookies are ready to serve. Note: You can make 35By: Sulekha Bose3 Comments15126 Views[+] FavoriteOatmeal Raisin CookiesEasy These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ... suggestions for these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are welcome ... cup golden raisins 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon saltBy: Western Chefs0 Comments175 Views[+] FavoriteOatmeal Cookies, Fruits, baked desserts, spiced raisin oatmeal cookies, vanilla raisin oatmeal cookies) ... . minute oatmeal 1 c. all purpose flour Pinch of salt 1/4 tsp. soda 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. raisins Mix all ingredientsBy: Meal Mateshttp://www.ifood.tv/network/oatmeal_raisin_cookie_sweetened_fruit_juice/recipes Sources: http://www.momswhothink.com/christmas-cookies/christmas-cookie-recipes-u%11v.html Librarian50 59 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
nemesio

Postby Maverick » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:54 am

What is a good christmas /fruit cake recipe??easy or hard is fine.. booze or not is too. share your best one * 2 years agoChristmas Whiskey Cake1 cup butter2 cups sugar6 large eggs2 teaspoons baking powder3 cups flour, sifted1/2 t. salt1 cup bourbon1 pound pecans, chopped3 cups white raisins(or use candied fruit)1 t. nutmegAND~ a very large bottle of bourbon whiskey ~First, sample the whiskey to check for quality.Assemble all of the ingredients. Check the whiskey again.To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.Repeat this step.Turn on the electric mixer and beat one cup of butter in a largefluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and cream until beat.Make sure the whiskey is still okay... try another cup.Turn off the mixer. Beat six leggs and add to the bowl,then chunk in the cup of dried flut. Mix on the tuner.Throw in two quarts of flour. Gradually pour in the cow.Add 2 dried anything.If the fried druit gets struck in the beaters, pry it loose witha drewscriver. Sample the whiskey and check it again for tonsistency.Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares???Check the whiskey again.Now sift the nutmeg and strain your nuts. Add one table.And the spoon. Of whiskee. Or something. Whatever you find left.Grease the oven.Turn the crake pan to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner.Pour the oven into the batter. Throw the bowl out the window.Lick the batter off the floor.Bake 300 minutes at 50 degrees.Finish the blobble of whishy and flow to bed.Here's my grandma's fruitcake recipe, the best fruitcake ever! It uses real dried fruit, no candied stuff.To have it for Christmas time, be sure to start early, so that it will have at least 1 month of resting timeThe only changes I've ever made to this recipe was to double the amount of brandy and use it to soak the fruits for 24 hours before making the cake.This has a good cake texture with not too much fruit.The cake mixture, using four eggs, fills an eight inch round tin and takes three and half hours to bake at the stated temperature. ;)FruitcakeINGREDIENTS* 2 cups packed brown sugar* 3 cups all-purpose flour* 1 tablespoon baking soda* 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon* 2 tablespoons ground cloves* 2 tablespoons ground allspice* 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg* 4 eggs* 2 tablespoons lemon zest* 2 tablespoons vanilla extract* 1/2 cup brandy* 1 1/2 cups raisins* 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts* 1 1/2 cups dried mixed fruit* 1 1/2 cups butter, melted* 1 3/4 cups brandy
Maverick

Postby Stephenson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:19 pm

"Oatmeal cookeis can be a healthy treat." - Collapse+ ExpandThe Classic Oatmeal cookies have 146 calories per cookie 54 calories from fat.Here are two recipes that I came across on the weight loss site I use. I have used them both and they satisfiy my sweet tooth. Just remember that low cal/fat does not mean you can eat all the cookies you want.Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.24 Cookies(102 Calories per cookie...8 calories from fat Total fat .9 g 1% of daily total)3/4 cup applesauce1/2 cup light brown sugar1/4 cup dark brown sugar1 egg1/3 cup of milk1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract3 cups rolled oats1 cup whole wheat flour1/2 teaspoons baking soda1/4 teaspoons cinnamon1 cup raisinsPreheat oven 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheetsIn a large bowl cream together applesauce and brown sugars until smooth. Beat in egg and then stir in milk and vanilla. Add the oats, flour, baking soda and cinnamon and mix until well blended. Fold in raisins(you can also add 1 cup chopped of walnuts, but it will up the calorie count). Drop by rounded teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 -10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cook completely.This bar is not as low fat, but lower than your average cookie. It is however lower in calories.(100 calories per bar....45 calories from fat. 5.0 g 8% of daily total.Fruit Walnut Bars1/4 cup butter1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats1/4 cup packed brown sugar2 eggs, beaten1/4 cup light-color corn syrup1/2 cup raisins(sometimes I substitute chopped dates for the raisins, adds 2 calories per bar) 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots1/2 cup chopped walnuts1/2 tsp. ground cinnamonPreheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in a 9×9x2-inch baking pan in the oven(about 6 minutes). Remove from oven. Stir oats and brown sugar into melted butter or margarine; press mixture firmly and evenly onto bottom of pan using the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown around edges.Meanwhile stir together the beaten eggs, corn syrup, raisins, apricots, walnuts, and cinnamon in a large bowl, stirring well. Spoon evenly over partially baked crust. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center appears set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars.Sources: 3 fatchicks.com+ Show complete answerLike this Answer? Thumb Up(0)Send compliment Send message Forward to friends Report abuse Bookmark Discuss this answeradd to Digg Digg it! add to Facebook Add to Facebook add to del.icio.us del.icio.us add to Furl furl it add to Google Bookmarks Google add to reddit reddit add to StumbleUpon Stumbleupon add to Yahoo Bookmarks YahooPlease sign in to give a compliment.Please verify your account to give a compliment.Please sign in to send a message.Please verify your account to send a message.Please sign in before reporting abuse.To help us maintain a healthy community please report any illegal or inappropriate behavior(see our Good Neighbor Policy for details). Your identity will not be reported to the abuser. We will report illegal activity to authorities.Category that describes the problem:Comments:(500 characters remaining)submit | cancelHightest Level: 6Highestlevel: 6danielpauldavisdanielpauldavis See full profileCloseMember since: August 2008ajax Loading awards...Sign in and you can: Private message Become a friend Add to your favesmore"The calorie-death in this one is butter, which you can substitute; also add other chewables for flavor and healthiness."Hightest Level: 6 by danielpauldavis on Dec 26 2008(11 months ago)Official RatingAnswer Rating: 4.0Four starsIf you believe this rating is unfair, you may appeal this rating. When a rating is appealed, a few other users will be randomly invited to give their ratings anonymously.You can only appeal your answer's rating within 90 days of the initial rating and you can have no more than 50 ratings under appeal at a time.This rating is under appeal. Selected users have been invited to give their ratings anonymously. The final rating will be shown when their verdict is received.- Collapse+ ExpandRonda's Oatmeal Bars1 1/2 cups oats1 3/4 cups flour1/2 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. salt1 cup walnut pieces1 cup brown sugar1 tsp cinnamon1 cup melted butterChoice of fruit preservesMix ingredients in the order given. Spread half in a buttered pan. Layer over this, not quite to edges, chosen fruit preserve. Spread the rest of the dough on top. Bake for 30 minutes @ 325 degrees F. Remove, cut, cool. Sources: http://askville.amazon.com/low-calorie-fat-cookie-recipe-involves-oatmeal-raisins-wheat-flour/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=32157237 newuser63181292 59 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Stephenson

Postby Jocelina » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Venetian Christmas Cookies1(12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk1 cup nuts, chopped1 cup shredded coconut1 cup candied red and green cherries, chopped1 cup confectioners' sugar1. Combine all ingredients except the confectioners' sugar, mixing completely. Roll the dough into a log, about 2 inches thick. You may need to powder your hands with confectioners' sugar to keep the dough from sticking too much.2. After the log is formed, roll it in confectioners' sugar until it is completely covered. Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.3. When ready to serve, slice into cookies.http://www.momswhothink.com/christmas-cookies/christmas-cookie-recipes-u%11v.htmlDiabetic oatmeal raisin cookies++ Easy I tried many oatmeal raisin cookies recipe for diabetic. Here I will share my husband?s favorite oatmeal raisin cookies recipe. He ... them cool at room temperature. Now oatmeal raisin cookies are ready to serve. Note: You can make 35By: Sulekha Bose3 Comments15126 Views[+] FavoriteOatmeal Raisin CookiesEasy These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ... suggestions for these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are welcome ... cup golden raisins 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon saltBy: Western Chefs0 Comments175 Views[+] FavoriteOatmeal Cookies, Fruits, baked desserts, spiced raisin oatmeal cookies, vanilla raisin oatmeal cookies) ... . minute oatmeal 1 c. all purpose flour Pinch of salt 1/4 tsp. soda 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. raisins Mix all ingredientsBy: Meal Mateshttp://www.ifood.tv/network/oatmeal_raisin_cookie_sweetened_fruit_juice/recipes
Jocelina

Postby Slevin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:22 pm

I am the proud owner of Housekeeping in Old Virginia, a cookbook written in 1879. My sister-in-law gave it to me in 1990 because she knew how I loved to collect cookbooks(I have a collection of one hundred and fifty). My mother-in-law used the cookbook to make a wealth of traditional holiday favorites, like fruitcake and plum pudding. I was interested in finding a new recipe for this year's fruitcake adventure. After all, I've been making the same old fruitcake for years! I figured it was time for something fresh. This amazing cookbook features not one, not two, but thirteen fruitcake recipes. There are white fruitcakes, dark fruitcakes, fruitcakes with nuts and brandy.The problem is that this antiquated cookbook provides minimal direction on how to actually prepare and bake the cake. I decided to take my search from the past to the futuristic present, and I looked on the Internet for a new fruitcake recipe. I found a wealth of information on fruitcakes -- did you know that Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the United States, had a chef who prepared his signature fruitcake for the President every year at Christmastime? He used an old European recipe that called for currants, but he replaced them with chopped dates, insisting that currants were too dry. I'm inclined to agree! Fascinating fruitcake information aside, I wasn't able to find a recipe that sounded more delicious than my old standby, so I decided to go by the old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" The brandy-soaked fruitcake recipe has prevailed once again.Some of you may be aware of fruitcake's less than appealing reputation. People make fun of it yearly, thanks to the many substandard fruitcakes out there. It is ironic that such a un-delicious dessert is so widely made and distributed during the holidays. There are people who claim that they would rather be stranded at the South Pole than eat fruitcake, mostly because of bad experiences with the bricklike store-bought variety. However, if fruitcake is made properly, it can be decadent and full of flavor. I think you will be surprised as to how moist and tasty this recipe is. I have turned many diehard fruitcake-haters into fruitcake fans.
Slevin

Postby Yo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Christmas Cookies U & VUltimate Brownie5 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate2/3 cup butter or margarine1 3/4 cups sugar2 teaspoons vanilla3 eggs1 cup all-purpose flour1 cup chopped nuts1. Heat oven to 350º. Grease square pan, 9 × 9 × 2 inches. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently; remove from heat. Cool slightly.2. Beat sugar, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture on low speed. Beat in flour just until blended. Stir in nuts.3. Spread batter in pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely.Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie1 1/2 cups butter or margarine -- softened1 1/4 cups granulated sugar1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar1 tablespoon vanilla2 eggs4 cups all-purpose flour2 teaspoons baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt2 cups coarsely chopped nuts, if desired1(24 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips(4 cups)1. Heat oven to 375º. Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.2. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt(dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.3. Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls or #16 cookie/ice-cream scoop about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork.4. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light brown(centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.Ultimate Date BarsDate Filling --(recipe follows)1 cup butter or margarine -- softened1 cup packed brown sugar1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon saltDATE FILLING2(8 ounce) packages pitted dates -- chopped1/4 cup sugar1 1/2 cups water1. Prepare Date Filling; cool.2. Heat oven to 400º. Mix butter and brown sugar in large bowl with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.3. Press half of the oat mixture in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 × 9 × 2 inches. Spread with filling. Top with remaining oat mixture; press gently into filling.4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool 30 minutes. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows while warm.DATE FILLING:Mix all ingredients in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat 10minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar1 cup butter or margarine -- softened1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 teaspoon vanilla1/2 teaspoon salt2 eggs3 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour1 cup raisins, if desired1. Heat oven to 350º. Beat all ingredients except oats, flour and raisins in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.2. Stir in oats, flour and raisins.3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown.4. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.Ultimate Refrigerator Cookies1 cup packed brown sugar1 cup butter or margarine -- softened1 teaspoon vanilla1 egg3 cups all-purpose flour1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt1/3 cup chopped nuts1. Beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.2. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts. Shape dough into rectangle, 10 × 3 inches.3. Wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.4. Heat oven to 375º. Cut rectangle into 1/8-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.5. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.Ultimate Spritz1 cup butter or margarine -- softened1/2 cup sugar2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour1/4 teaspoon salt1 egg1/4 teaspoon almond extract or 1/4 teaspoon vanillaCurrants raisins candies colored sugar, finely chopped nuts, candied fruit orfruit peel, if desired1. Heat oven to 400º. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.2. Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with currants.3. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. To decorate cookies after baking, use a drop of corn syrup to attach decorations to cookies.Vanilla Brownies1(10 ounce) package vanilla milk(white) chips(1 2/3 cups)1/2 cup butter or margarine1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour3/4 cup sugar1 teaspoon vanilla1/4 teaspoon salt3 eggs1/2 cup chopped nutsCreamy Vanilla Frosting --(recipe follows)CREAMY VANILLA FROSTING1 1/2 cups powdered sugar3 tablespoons butter or margarine -- softened1/2 teaspoon vanilla1 tablespoon milk(1 to 2 tablespoons) ................... Sources: http://www.momswhothink.com/christmas-cookies/christmas-cookie-recipes-u%11v.html Dream-Peddler 59 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Yo

Next

Return to South Beach Diet