Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

I Am Going To South Africa In March 08. What Is A Good Safari To Go On At Kruger Park? How Do I Start To Plan This?

I Am Going To South Africa In March 08. What Is A Good Safari To Go On At Kruger Park? How Do I Start To Plan This?

Postby Jabez » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 am

How do I go about planning a safari in South Africa's Kruger Park? I will be in Johannesburg, so I assume Kruger Park makes the most sense. I have 3-Days for the safari. Do you have any recommendations of lodges or tour operators? What is the difference between lodges and tours? I know there are some options where you just find housing, some are just the jeep/tour guide, and some are the whole package. I am not sure where to begin.I want to make this as affordable as possible. Closer to $500 US for the entire 3 days, versus $1000 for the entire 3 days.Thanks!
Jabez

Postby Dalten » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 am

hello cibisme, it just so happens that we are going to South Africa next year too. We bought our trip thru an online auction known as "sky auction". The tour operator is: www.ikapa.co.za/. Our trip is for 15 days and we will be going to Johannesburg, Kruger, Swaziland, the Garden route along the southeast coast and Capetown. I wish we could squeeze "Victoria Falls" in, but time and $ does not permit. I have heard that the lodge "Sabi Sabi" is one of the best. It?s suggested that one stay in a lodge within the park boundaries. iKapa tours offers both long and short trips. If you are interested in the auction, it is denoted below. You?re going to have a wonderful time. We?ve been to Kenya and Lake Victoria and it was our best vacation ever.   Enjoy...   
Dalten

Postby Leoline » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:55 am

Well, Hello!                 There is a website called Arfican-Safari-Journals.com There is a great deal of information on the site and I know the site owner has been on walking safaris at Kruger.  The site features online journals of people who have been on safaris and I believe there are some inexpensive camp site/hut like  lodgings there. Here is the link.                       http://www.african-safari-journals.com/south-africa-safari.html#kruger                                                                   Best, John
Leoline

Postby Adiel » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:00 am

"Kruger me" hello cibisme, it just so happens that we are going to South Africa next year too. We bought our trip thru an online auction known as "sky auction". The tour operator is: www.ikapa.co.za/. Our trip is for 15 days and we will be going to Johannesburg, Kruger, Swaziland, the Garden route along the southeast coast and Capetown. I wish we could squeeze "Victoria Falls" in, but time and $ does not permit. I have heard that the lodge "Sabi Sabi" is one of the best. It?s suggested that one stay in a lodge within the park boundaries. iKapa tours offers both long and short trips. If you are interested in the auction, it is denoted below. You?re going to have a wonderful time. We?ve been to Kenya and Lake Victoria and it was our best vacation ever.   Enjoy...    Sources: www.skyauction.com/action/offer/1346136 celticrovers 83 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Adiel

Postby Ralston » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:42 pm

ls81 said: 2 Did you go on the trip? How did it go? I just booked with SA for tour with ipaka, but have been reading reviews that they never get back to you to confirm flight and tour info? Anxious, as it will be a honeymoon. 69 months ago
Ralston

Postby Beth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:45 am

Did you go on the trip? How did it go? I just booked with SA for tour with ipaka, but have been reading reviews that they never get back to you to confirm flight and tour info? Anxious, as it will be a honeymoon.
Beth

Postby Montae » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:33 am

~Lyn~ said: 1 Consider posting your question on "travel talk" at Frommers.com. It is a forum dedicated to travel and you might get some good suggestions and ideas.http://www.frommers.com/cgi-bin/WebX 83 months ago
Montae

Postby Miles » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Pilanesberg and Sun City Tours One of the original overland Tour Operators departing from Johannesburg to Kruger National Park and private game reserves.Welcome to wildlifesafaris.com ! If you are planning a visit to South Africa, please click on Kruger Park Tours to read details about our 3, 4 and 5 day small group safaris . You can enjoy exciting game drives around Kruger and also experience private reserves nearby. Then visit the Panorama Route with its spectacular Blyde River Canyon & mysterious God?s Window lookout . For reservations email our office on [email protected] or call 27 11 791 4238 and don?t forget to ask about special offers. You can expect a prompt reply and personal service from our sales team.Departures can be any day of the week subject to availability and safaris are conducted in English unless prior arrangements are made . We welcome couples, singles, families or groups from anywhere around the world. The minimum number of passengers to begin a tour is 2 and singles are encouraged to join an existing party. We also cater for private family safaris with exclusive use of the vehicle .Our guides work regularly for Wildlife Safaris and can be relied upon to drive safely and be on time. They are enthusiastic and provide frequent Big 5 sightings including lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant as well as many other species. There are wonderful opportunities for photos or videos as you watch the animals and birds .Overnight accommodation is at Tourist Rest Camps in Kruger Park , selected private safari lodges and 4 star hotels . Click on Accommodation for more info and pictures . Our tours include dinner, bed & breakfast with lunch for passenger?s own account. Economy safaris using cheaper accommodation are available on request. Transport is by 7 seater air- conditioned microbuses combined with open safari vehicles according to each itinerary.Pilanesberg and Sun City Tours are also popular with clients such as businessmen who have limited time for a safari. This reserve is about 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg and passengers enjoy Big 5 game viewing as well as a visit to Sun City, which is the well-known ?kingdom of pleasure?.We are associated with Waybury Guesthouse located in Sandton about half an hour from Johannesburg Airport. They offer transfers, modern en suite bedrooms, home-cooked meals, good security, swimming pool and a very friendly welcome to overseas visitors. For your convenience Themba Day Tours provides trips to Soweto and other local attractions.Let us plan a memorable safari for you in South Africa and take care of you from the moment you arrive here . Sources: http://www.wildlifesaf.co.za/ pascaldg 83 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Miles

Postby Clark » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:50 pm

One of the original overland Tour Operators departing from Johannesburg to Kruger National Park and private game reserves.Welcome to wildlifesafaris.com ! If you are planning a visit to South Africa, please click on Kruger Park Tours to read details about our 3, 4 and 5 day small group safaris . You can enjoy exciting game drives around Kruger and also experience private reserves nearby. Then visit the Panorama Route with its spectacular Blyde River Canyon & mysterious God?s Window lookout . For reservations email our office on [email protected] or call 27 11 791 4238 and don?t forget to ask about special offers. You can expect a prompt reply and personal service from our sales team.Departures can be any day of the week subject to availability and safaris are conducted in English unless prior arrangements are made . We welcome couples, singles, families or groups from anywhere around the world. The minimum number of passengers to begin a tour is 2 and singles are encouraged to join an existing party. We also cater for private family safaris with exclusive use of the vehicle .Our guides work regularly for Wildlife Safaris and can be relied upon to drive safely and be on time. They are enthusiastic and provide frequent Big 5 sightings including lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant as well as many other species. There are wonderful opportunities for photos or videos as you watch the animals and birds .Overnight accommodation is at Tourist Rest Camps in Kruger Park , selected private safari lodges and 4 star hotels . Click on Accommodation for more info and pictures . Our tours include dinner, bed & breakfast with lunch for passenger?s own account. Economy safaris using cheaper accommodation are available on request. Transport is by 7 seater air- conditioned microbuses combined with open safari vehicles according to each itinerary.Pilanesberg and Sun City Tours are also popular with clients such as businessmen who have limited time for a safari. This reserve is about 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg and passengers enjoy Big 5 game viewing as well as a visit to Sun City, which is the well-known ?kingdom of pleasure?.We are associated with Waybury Guesthouse located in Sandton about half an hour from Johannesburg Airport. They offer transfers, modern en suite bedrooms, home-cooked meals, good security, swimming pool and a very friendly welcome to overseas visitors. For your convenience Themba Day Tours provides trips to Soweto and other local attractions.Let us plan a memorable safari for you in South Africa and take care of you from the moment you arrive here .
Clark

Postby Rolando » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Read some reviews of others who have gone to Kruger. I understand it is perhaps the best reserve to visit Well, Hello!                 There is a website called Arfican-Safari-Journals.com There is a great deal of information on the site and I know the site owner has been on walking safaris at Kruger.  The site features online journals of people who have been on safaris and I believe there are some inexpensive camp site/hut like  lodgings there. Here is the link.                       http://www.african-safari-journals.com/south-africa-safari.html#kruger                                                                   Best, John Sources: http://www.african-safari-journals.com Explorer 83 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Rolando

Next

Return to South Beach Diet