Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How To Stop Self Harming? Help Please...?

Discuss Bulimia

Postby Tooantuh » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:26 am

Well The bracelet project maybe?:) I made mine from colored friendship bracelet string and added beads."The Bracelet Project:

Each disorder has a colour that corresponds to it:

Anorexia is Red

Bulimia is Purple

EDNOS is Pink

Depression is Blue

Self harm is Orange or Black

Fasting at the time is Green

Suicidal is Yellow

Overweight/Obese is Turquoise

Anxiety/Panic disorder/OCD is Teal

Maybe the butterfly project?:1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.

2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.

3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.

4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you?ve killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.

5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.

6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.

7. Even if you don?t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
Or the paper chain project:) 1. For every day you go without self harming or purging, add a colourful link to the paper chain.

2. If you relapse, just add a white link to to the chain and carry on the chain without any disruption

3. Over time the paper chain will grow in length.

4. You can see your progress, and see that even if you do relapse, the are still days you go without hurting yourself. The colourful links.

5. Over time and through your recovery watch the amount of coloured links begin to increase, and the amount of white links begin to decrease.

6. If you feel like hurting yourself, look at the paper chain and realise just how far you?ve made it, and realise that if you?ve resisted before you can do it again :) Maybe you can try these?
Tooantuh

Postby Baldric » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:27 am

The same situation for me. Just try to find other theories to try instead if cutting. Try snapping a rubber band on your wrist or rubbing an ice cube on your arm. And if you can, find some activities to take your mind off of stuff. When I wanted to stop, I took up ice skating and did the rubber band thing. I've been clean for exactly a month now(:

Hope I helped, and stay strong(:
Baldric

Postby Einhard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 am

Call a teen hotline - they can help.
Einhard

Postby Gehard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 am

Dont worry you are not the first and not alone in this. I will offer you some tools for help out of this ok?

please watch this :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1LVKNyLFg

and this i swear it will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHQ2bM0sSg
Gehard

Postby Cicero » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am

Well, I had a cutting addiction for 2 1/2 years, ive been clean now for a few months. I cut when I would get screamed at, when I felt like my life was falling apart, or when I was very angry at someone. This might be a horrible solution, but what I did was just stop caring. When people would literally scream in my face and tell me everything I was doing wrong, I would just walk away and not care about a single word they said to me because I knew the truth. I stopped trying so hard to be perfect and just let it all go, I just stopped caring about those mean words and became sure of myself. You can do this! The key is to find happiness at whatever point of your life your at:)
Cicero

Postby Norcross » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 am

Look at what you have done to yourself. You cut your body. If i were you i would call a teen hotline or something
Norcross

Postby Este » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 am

It will be tough, trust me. I've been there. I have tried to stop many times on my own. It helps to have a support team behind you and have people to lean on. Have you tried talking to a teacher? That has helped me in the past. Except keep in mind that if you told a teacher that you were self harming, then they will be obligated to tell your parents. You could also talk to a therapist. That is what I'm doing now, and it's helping me more than I ever would have guessed. It helps to get everything out, and have someone on your side who wants to help you get well. If your parents find out, hey it might not be such a bad thing. I know right now you are thinking "yes of course it would be terrible!". But that way, if your parents know then you don't have to hide it. You can get the help that you need, and have a support team who has your back.

Stay Strong!
Este

Return to Bulimia