Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

How To Increase My Metabolism So Everything That I Eat Doesn't Add A Few Pounds?

How To Increase My Metabolism So Everything That I Eat Doesn't Add A Few Pounds?

Postby Scandy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:37 am

Does anyone know how to increase your metabolism? I have friends who eat and eat and never gain weight. I try to watch what I eat, and my weight fluctuates about 7 lbs. every week or so. (Never losing, just staying between my 'comfort weight' and the 7 pounds.) I have heard that The South Beach Diet has a 'super charged, rev up your metabolism' diet, but that's not in my budget. I am 16 and I am (from what the 'Body Mass Index says) Obese. I was in a car wreck and lost like 20 lbs, but I'm getting that back... T_T I'm still living with my parents, and they won't let me go on phase 1 of the South Beach Diet (My Mom tried it and lost a ton of weight.) because they said I need the carbs to make my brain function in school. What can I do to increase my Metabolism?
Scandy

Postby Nyle » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:41 am

Exercise, exercise, exercise! That's the best way to increase your metabolism.
You could also try a Niacin supplement once a day.
That's why I took when I first started to try to lose weight.
I can't say for sure that it worked, I could have lost the weight without it, but I don't think it hurt any.
Nyle

Postby Hartun » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 am

Even if you go on a diet, it does not mean you completely have to leave out carbs or anything else. If there is such a diet, that is not healthy and your weight loss will be temporary.

Eat more vegetables and fruits, those can increase metabolism. Exercising is the best way to increase it though.
Hartun

Postby Pickworth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 am

Try eating 5 to 6 small meals a day to boost your metabolism. (Make sure it's not junk food). Drink plenty of water. Start a cardio program for at least 30 minutes 4 to 5 times a week. You can walk, jog, bicycle, skip rope, etc. Also light weight training is good for muscle tone, promotes skin tightening and muscle burns away at fat. You can try cutting out carbs for dinner as well. Good luck.
Pickworth

Return to South Beach Diet