Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How To Get My Cats To Loose Weight?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby elhanan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:36 am

hi, so i have 3 cats. two of them are kind of overweight (Charlotte and Daisy), and the other one is a heathy weight (Bandit). my two cats are sisters and about 2 years old or so. my one cat is kinda bullied by one of the two and is lazy, so he doesn't eat too much like they do. the food and water is out all day for my cat Bandit, (the one, not the sisters) and for the other cats too. We can't put the food out at a certain time because Bandit eats when he wants to and is kind of afraid of everything. Im trying to convince my mom to let me feed them at certain times because he will figure out if he wants to eat he has to do it when i tell him to, but we haven't really talked about it because i want to get my facts straight first.

if i do do it this way, how much should i feed them and at what times?

also, what are some ways i could get them to exercise?

how can i get Bandit to not be afraid to come out because of my other cats?

thank youu:)
elhanan

Postby Joyanna » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:38 am

Shove them outside
Joyanna

Postby Gherardo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:51 am

You will have to feed him separately get him a low fat cat food (diet ) Actually you can feed them all 3 times a day morning noon and night (.Give the equivalent of one meal- 3 times a day divide it up) Put the food down for 10 min then take it away till the next meal time doing the same 10 min then take it away after 1 week they will learn to eat it while its there .you can then give them 15-20 min to eat Or you can feed your other cats in a separate room give them an hour leaving the overweight cat his own area to eat .,But you have to keep the other cats food away from him .I know its hard cause cats like to nibble all day .This is just a suggestion you can always ask your vet to .Good luck
Gherardo

Return to Food Nutrition