Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How To Gain Muscle When Your Not Fat?

Learn about Food Metabolism

Postby Dyfed » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Okay, Im a 12 boy who's 5'9 and weighs 134 pounds. Im definitely not fat but im also not scrawny. You can also see my ribs but I actually have abs.. So I talked to my doctor about protein shakes and sh*t like that and he just said with my metabolism I would just pee them out and they wouldnt do anything. I play 3 sports and play outside everyday, and I always eat everything on my plate every meal I eat and theres not a vegetable or meat or anything food I wont eat. If It matters ive already gone through puberty(lol) and I turn 13 in 11 days.. so my question is with this information how do I gain muscle and get bulked and musclar quick?
Dyfed

Postby Mort » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:59 pm

You haven't gone through puberty. I was still growing even in college (*cough* boobs grew while losing fat *cough*).

Monitor your caloric intake, and increase it by 250 calories each day (quality calories, not junk food), and lift weights (most people swear by a 5x5 plan, 5 sets of 5 reps of bench presses, squats, deadlifts, overhead chest press, and bent over rows). It's pretty safe for you to start lifting at your age (you're pretty much on the cusp of when it would stunt your growth - see gymnasts) so if you want to wait a year until you have the equipment of gym membership, it should be OK.

You'll probably have to increase meal frequency, not size. So, do the exercises (with enough weight so that you're struggling on the last rep), and you should see results. But you're still growing (even if you're tall, you'll grow in other ways), so if you don't see results within a few months, don't be too discouraged.
Mort

Postby Forrest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:01 pm

At 12, just worm on eating right and keeping your cardio up. In a few years, thats when you'll want o start lifting weights and eating foods high in proteir and low in fat.
Forrest

Postby Kristofor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 pm

You're realistically too young to be thinking about serious weight training... it's too easy to actually do damage to a growing skeletal and muscular system. If you want to look better than other guys your age an all round general strength sport... boxing, MMA, wrestling.
Kristofor

Return to Food Metabolism