Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

How To Deal With The Death Of My Grandad?

Postby Raimondo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 am

My grandad died today and I'm exhausted from crying and feeling numb, it hasn't sunken in yet. It was inevitable because he was so so ill, I can't believe he was still alive and made it past Christmas. What upsets me most is that I went to Bournemouth where he lived frequently when I was younger, and its like the finality of my childhood because I can never experience going his on a Saturday and eating beef super noodles.:)It's horrible when a grandparent dies because its so common, and I don't like the thought that his death is seen as 'common', he was such an amazing man who did amazing things and his death needs to not just be recognized as a statistic. It just sucks because no one was there when he died. So basically I just need some reassurance and encouragement at this time my life :( I hate the finality of death

Postby Becher » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 am

Death of a loved one is never pleasant only the memories of that loved one. Time is a healer, i know as ive lost close family members and friends and it's bloody painful but by talking about it and sharing fond memories it does help. There will be times when may have black days but remember his smile, his talents, and the love you had for him and no doubt he had for you.

Postby Crosbie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:17 am

Awwww I'm very sorry to hear, I know its very sad but as you say he was ill, Would you rather him suffer everyday or be in peace pain free , I know its hard I cried every nigh for about a week , until I realized he was in a better place now , Because he was ill too xx I hope your okay , Things will get better

Postby Adoniyah » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:19 am

You have plenty happy memories of him so focus on those. You can still go to the places you visited with him, but things will be different. Every single person is amazing and special to someone , just as your grandad was to you.

When he is buried, you will be able to visit his grave, talk to him, just like you used to do. Death is not the end of things, his spirit lives on but in a different form.

God bless you. xx

Postby Winton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 am

Just think of the memories you have made with your granddad.
That is something you can fall back on every day for the rest of your life.

He is in a better place now.
Maybe you can donate to a cause in his name, one that he would have liked.
And you and your parents can remember the times you all spent with him and how happy you all were.

Life goes on with or without a loved one.
You will find a new normal.

Return to Eat to Live