Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How To Cope With ''breaking Up'' With A Best Friend?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby Clair » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 am

I'll put this as short as I can: I was best friends with a girl, Kelsey, since 7th grade(almost a sophomore now) and back in August her and her other best friend had problems and they walked away from eachother. We had our first fight back in October and I was lonely and her ex bff was there for me. We became best friends right away. Kelsey felt hurt. I apologized. We moved on or so I thought. She has treated me as her emotional slave and 2 days ago I stood up for myself and sent her a long goodbye message. I cried for hours. I had such an emotional attachment to her. Every time I play the piano I think of her because that was our bond (another story) and I want those times back. I sit here listening to sad music, crying, making albums on my iPod of photos of us and the old her that I loved and miss. I ate chocolate. And a lot of food. And got 4 hours of sleep. I have friends helping me through it but I saw her at lunch and almost cried. How do I deal? What can I do to make me feel happier about the change I'm making?
Clair

Postby Landmari » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 am

Tell Yourself that who u thought she es was a fantasy I'm going through the same thing
Landmari

Postby Lundie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:30 am

Just try spending more time with your other friends, and stop apologizing to her, and stop feeling bad. Think of it this way: Clearly, she left for no good reason, so clearly she wasn't worth keeping in the first place. If she was a true friend, she wouldn't have gotten all pissy over such a small thing, and you're better off without her.

Your title made me laugh a little. I remember when my friend decided she didnt wanna be friends anymore, and she actaully pulled me aside and said "I'm sorry, but this just isn't working out, I think we need to see other people." I was shocked, she did it just like we were dating!!! Anyways, what I did was just take up hobbys and spend time with others. It gets better. :)
Lundie

Return to Food Nutrition