Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How Many Are Employed By The Top 1% Money Earners?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby Tsubasa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am

I hear a lot of news about the other 99% as part of the occupy Wall Street crowd.

I am curious to know what percent of all US jobs come from the top 1% of money earners?

I know this is kind of impossible to quantify, for example Bill Gates had thousands of employees, but he was not the entire company in and of itself.
Interested to hear your answers.

I know one thing for certain, I am in the bottom 99% and I employ no one, at least not directly.
If you include the people that sell groceries, utilities, etc., then I guess I employ many.

Food for thought.
Looking forward to hear what youall have to say.
Tsubasa

Postby Woodman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:31 am

I can understand the frustration with Wall Street I suppose.
What doesn't make any sense to me is why do they want to tear down the system? There are interviews of these protesters saying that anyone making over $200,000 per year is "obscenely rich" and the rest of their income should be confiscated by the government.
If they do that, what incentive would there be for anyone to do those jobs? What is left? Force by the government? If the government didn't then also step in to force people into certain roles ( think Soviet Union and communism) then industry would collapse or greatly decline.
The protesters standard of living would decrease greatly.

I haven't seen a coherent explanation come from the protest yet.
I don't mean as a whole, I haven't seen any individual give a reasonable explanation yet.
I have seen them get up and sound all 'educated' and spout some circular philosophical rhetoric that never gets any where but sounds good until you really pay attention to what is said.

I currently think that this is being put on by groups interested in collapsing our government and society.
Why is the current administration cheering them on? What do they have to gain from these protests? Aren't the protests against them too?

The 99% vs 1% thing is a bunch of B.S.
In the USA there are more Boyscouts than there are protesters by quite a large margin.
This protest is a VERY small minority of the actual population.

Edit: Your second question cuts through all the B.S. there.
Nice.
I don't know for sure but I would guess the protesters employ less than 5% of the people who hold jobs.
Woodman

Postby Bevan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 am

When you go to the grocery store and buy a gallon of milk, you're partially employing some dairy farmer, the truck driver that drove that milk from the dairy to the store, the stocker that put the milk on the shelf, the cashier that rang you up, etc, etc.

Bill Gates not only employs many people at microsoft, but he's also responsible for the guys that worked on building his house, the guys that assembled the car that he drives, etc, etc.

Breaking up and trying to divide the country on this made up idea of 1% and 99% people is not productive and only causes strife. You can run around and chant and scream to take more money away from the 1% but all that's going to do is take more and more money out of the private sector and give it to the government. Giving money to the government is akin to giving a bag of cocaine to a crack addict.
Bevan

Postby Sayres » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 am

Most of us.
Sayres

Postby Cruadhlaoich » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:41 am

Correct = this is well known throughout the developed world .. The fact is, the world is FULL of 'unskilled' workers who will work for much less than 'minimum wage' (and for much less than UK workers benefits) Plainly, companies who operate in such low wage economies have a major cost advantage over those who operate in the 'developed' world .. so their goods are imported (for China, India, Korea etc) and our own manufacturing industry either relocates or goes bust ... There are no 'instant' solutions (the only long term solution is to increase the wages in the low wage economies to bring them up to the level of benefits that our own unskilled workers receive) ..
Cruadhlaoich

Return to Food Nutrition