Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

How Do I Increase My Metabolism?

Learn about Food Metabolism

Postby Donaldo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:04 am

The first thing you need to do is make sure you are consuming at least 1500 calories a day.
If you are starving yourself by eating too few calories, you are defeating yourself.

Eat small amounts more frequently.
Do some aerobic exercise first thing in the morning.
Start a weight lifting routine.
These changes will all improve metabolism.

Keeping a food journal really does help.
It will give you a much better sense of how much you are eating, and when, and why.

Make a few additional small changes - walk everywhere, always use stairs instead of elevators, walk on escalators, get up and move around at least once an hour if your work or your life in general is sedentary, walk every day, use a pedometer. Walking 10,000 steps a day is a really good idea. Build up to a long brisk walk everyday, or most days.
Be more active and watch less TV and spend less time on the computer.
Buy one piece of exercise equipment to have at home and be strict with yourself about using it.
Sometimes you can find mini-steppers or exercise bikes at second hand stores and thrift stores for just a few dollars.

Start a weight lifting routine. It will help increase your metabolism and make you feel and look better in so many ways. Join a gym. Possibly you can find one that has someone who specializes in weight lifting programs for beginners. Weight lifting will increase your metabolism as well as improve posture and appearance overall.
Even if you can't get to the gym you can work out at home using things around the house.
A couple of the links I've included explain how.

In terms of diet, cut out or reduce things like junk food, pop, fat, fast food. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish.
Particularly if you choose a vegetarian lifestyle include natural peanut butter, hummus, dried fruit and nuts.
Pay close attention to getting the nutrients your body needs to be healthy.

Make your portion sizes smaller.
Use a smaller plate - in our society we have become accustomed to thinking that we need a large plate of food at every meal, and we don't.
About quarter of your plate of food should be protein and at least half of it should be veggies.

Learn to count calories.
At your current weight and activity level, you may need about 2000 calories or more to maintain your current weight. So you will lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate if you cut back to about 1600 or 1700 calories a day.

Eat small amounts frequently, rather than three large meals.
Never skip breakfast.
Include some protein in your breakfast.
It will help get you through the day.

Drink plenty of water, at least 8 big glasses of water a day, and more if it is very hot, if you sweat a lot, or if you are exercising intensely, and eliminate fruit juices.
Fruit juices have too many calories, so get your vitamins from fresh fruit, not the juice.
You will begin to see changes in your body.

Check out websites about nutrition, exercise, weight training, etc.
Here are a few helpful links. http://www.nutrawatch.com/ http://www.caloriesperhour.com/ http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_ea...

http://www.wikihow.com/Lose-Weight-the-Healthy-Way

http://weightloss.about.com/cs/fitness/a/aa011503a.htm

http://www.thepumpingstation.com/trainingtipsforwomen.html

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/no-weight-workout?page=4
Donaldo

Postby Aethelberht » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:05 am

you can eat 6 small meals a day, but they HAVE to be healthy and full of protein. You can drink more water (at least 8 glasses a day), you can maybe do pilates or cardio for like at least 30 min.

about the 6 meals a day thing, search it on the internet and find more about it, they give snack and meal ideas and the number of calories each snack and meal should contain.
Aethelberht

Postby Teithi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:07 am

Your metabolism is simply how much energy your body uses to keep itself going. The first thing you need to do to at least maintain your metabolism is to constantly let your body know that it is not going to run out of food. This means smaller but more frequent meals. Have 4 meals spaced out over the day. This doesn't require more effort to prepare an extra meal, simply eat half of your lunch a bit earlier and the other half a little later. With regular food, our bodies are happy to use more calories in maintaining body temperature and repairing cells.

Drink plenty of water. When we don't have enough water, our kidneys can not do their job so our liver actually takes over. However, while our liver is busy with this extra work it has less time to do it's own jobs, one of which is to convert fat reserves into useable energy. Drink water steadily throughout the day rather than in large amounts at once. Too much water at once can wash out the sodium from our blood which is essential in maintaining a strong and regular heart beat. With both our kidneys and liver working as normal, we use more calories.

Build some muscle. For every extra pound of muscle you have, you will burn an extra 50 calories per day just at rest. An extra 10lb of muscle will boost your metabolism by 500 calories per day. 10lb of muscle spread out across your body will make you stronger, and you will look more toned. A weight loss program without some form of muscle building is not just likely to fail, it can put you in an even worse state than before. When we eat less in an attempt to lose weight our bodies don't like it, we go into a mode of starvation. While in starvation mode our bodies will protect our fat reserves by cutting into both fat and muscle to keep our vital organs running. You have to at least use your muscles so your body thinks twice about converting them into energy.

Your low calorie diet should be replaced by a reduced calorie diet. The difference is that a low calorie diet will raise the chances of our bodies entering the starvation mode. Cutting just a 200 calories from your diet will keep you out of the starvation mode. Burn another 300 through exercise and you can expect a weight loss of 1lb per week. More than 2lb per week is not good. The more weight you try to lose, the more muscle your body will cut into.

Eat little but often.

Drink plenty of water.

Build some muscle.

Don't try too much too soon.
Teithi

Postby Ambrosio » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 am

i am 16 and i got some advice that help me.

1)if u are on a diet try some really healthy cereal like me i eat wheaties every day.(it says on the box increase your metabolism)

2)if u are losing weight then don't look on scale until like every 4 weeks.the fat isn't going to go away that fast.and if u keep working out hard then check the scale and u didn't lose anything,then that will lower your confidence.so keep working out hard and just don't look at a scale for a while.hope i helped
Ambrosio

Postby Dennison » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:21 am

If you have the time jogging or cycling will defiantly do it.
Dennison

Postby Vic » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 am

Weight training. At least 3 days a week. The extra muscle will help you.
Vic

Postby Norwyn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:23 am

dont skip breakfast....stick to excersize each day
Norwyn

Postby Enderby » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:27 am

Our metabolism is the sum complete of vigor events of the frame such because the constructing up segment (anabolism) and the breaking down segment (catabolism). Green tea and different natural extracts are wealthy in antioxidants and nutrients & specific minerals. When we eat Green Tea for a appreciably very long time our frame is claimed to be cleansed from pollutants, unfastened radicals and pathogens to a couple measure. Our frame cells role at an maximum price and vigor expenditure raises. So Green Tea not directly is helping in growing metabolism, despite the fact that in an excessively gradual and refined method.
Enderby

Return to Food Metabolism