Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How Did I Lose Weight When I Didn't Exercise All Week?

Talk about anything related to losing weight

Postby stod » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 pm

I was exercising 6-7 days a week and lost 20 pounds. My body was aching a lot from work and my flat feet so I haven't exercised at all this past week. I was worried I was going to gain weight but to my suprise, I still lost my 2 pounds for the week. How is this so? I'm so happy yet confused lol. 23 years old, 6' tall, 262 pounds.
stod

Postby Jasper » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I would say that 3 hours a week in the gym is the absolute minimum. Since you are not looking for rapid weight loss (a good thing) and you have a balanced diet, you should allow a month and see if you have lost any weight. If not then consider more time in the gym but make sure your exercise isn't bulking up your muscles (even without losing weight you may start to lose a bit around your waist as your muscles become denser).
Jasper

Postby Kasey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 pm

you metabolism is faster now so you may lose a tiny bit more weight not exercise or you will stay the same without exercise for a while. good for you though getting in shape
Kasey

Postby Lakeland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Your dieting. Losing weight is not only about exercising, it mostly surrounds what you eat ~ 80% diet and 20% exercising.
Lakeland

Postby Louie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 pm

You've got the AIDS
Louie

Return to General Weight Loss Chat