Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How can I make my cheekbones show more ?

Surgery to help lose weight

Postby reiner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 am

Don't just say I have to lose weight or I can use makeup. I do my makeup so that my cheek bones stand out more already. I'm also already too skinny I don't really want to lose anymore weight considering i'm getting over an eating disorder. I was just wondering if like you could chew on things or something to burn off fat in your face. My cheek bones kinda show but I want that model pretty face, which I already pretty much have, not to brag, but I really want my cheek bones to look more like Audrey Kitchings, they are bautiful. Any tips ?
reiner

Postby woodruff84 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 am

Well, I'm going to tell it as it is..

First, you need to realize that your cheekbones are determined by your bone structure. And while your weight can affect their contours, that is only constituted by fat. They otherwise remain the same.

You also need to realize that there is no such thing as a "localized" exercise working as a magic solution for such things. When you gain or lose weight, your entire body changes and is affected by the accumulation or loss of fat layers. Which is why when someone is overweight, their face tends to look puffed up too. (It isn't like their face has a sedentary lifestyle, is it?). Localized exercises aim to strengthen muscle via increasing muscle mass (exercise = load, which causes the muscle to build up more cells, which causes an increase in size), which in turn causes the muscle to consume more energy to function which causes the loss of fat as your diet burns constituents of your body as well as fat for energy (And as I'm sure you know, if there's no fat, your body metabolizes your muscle and bone tissue for energy, so eat and the hell with that eating disorder). Facial muscles, by their composition and size, do not fall in that category, and they cannot be worked out in such a way. Otherwise, talk-show hosts would practically have the biggest lips ever (underlying muscle--orbicularis oris, getting a constant workout!)

You also need to realize that photos are photoshopped; airbrushed and touched up to remove blemishes and enhance features. And the majority of the big-shot hollywood stars and models, while really possessing beautiful faces and bodies, have the advantage of entire crews of lighting and filming and editing and make up experts at their disposal to make them look better. And while they do look good when you run into them in the street, their features, without all of that enhancement, are not "out of this world" perfect. They're about as perfect as you are :)

There are cheek implants, to enhance cheekbones and give them whatever shape or appearance you want, provided that it works for your face and provided that your body can withstand surgery (i.e. absence of risk factors), but I doubt that a surgical solution is what you're looking for.

Make up is the only realistic solution. Contouring-- use a bronzer or a slightly-darker skin powder on the area below your cheekbones. And a highlighting powder with a shimmer on your cheekbone area.

And finally, on a final note: You need to be happy with yourself. This is the one thing I am assuming you lack, considering the fact that you have had an eating disorder, which is related to self-image. In one way, you are recovering from the eating disorder but you may be substituting it with an obsession with something else, cheekbones, breasts, arms, legs, thighs...something. You might need to work on your perception of yourself first.
woodruff84

Postby syvwkh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 am

Ok well if you don't want to lose more weight or use makeup...I'm not really sure what other options you have. The only other option is cosmetic surgery- which I would never approve because you risk your life just for cheek bones. You are beautiful the way you are and try focusing on making your inner beauty shine (as korny as it sounds) because eventually when your outer beauty has faded you will be left with that inner beauty.

Bottom line: Just use MAC makeup its awesome.
syvwkh

Postby dennis » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 am

Cheekbones you have, are the cheekbones you get sorry.
You can put bronzer under your cheekbones for contouring and highlighter on the highest part of your cheek, but that's about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vorWF1ymljY
dennis

Postby ecgbeorht » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 am

http://www.ehow.com/video_4978039_make-cheek-bones-look-higher.html

try that.
ecgbeorht

Postby jorian18 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 am

if that's you in your profile pic your very gorgeous, and no there is really nothing else you can do :)
jorian18

Postby immanuel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 am

put highlighter or like a bit of bronzer right on your cheekbones
immanuel

Return to Surgical Weight Loss