Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How Can I improve my self image/self esteem if I'm truly ugly?

Postby mahon33 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:47 am

Yes I AM ugly and yes it's true I'm really skinny and bno girl likes me that should be prof enought that I'm unattractive.I always feel really bad about how I look my face and body everything I'm just ugly.I am in therapy but the therapist seems focused on fixing my extrenal conditions (EX:helping me get a career, etc)The problem for me is not that.I have plenty of skills and I'm 100% sure that I could get a job right now.

I know 3 languages, college graduate and have vast number of skills, problem is that I feel really depressed over my appearance and I tend to obsess over it.I tried the gym but gaining weight is extremely hard and so far I'm not really satisfied with the results.Problem with this is that it hinders my whole life.

For example, I would get a client that needs some work done awesome work on it and repeat but somewhere along that line I start feeling really bad about myself"God I'm so ugly, I hate myself"or"I'm never going to get a nice girlfriend" become depressed and bam sleep 16 to 20s hours or start procastinating etc.

YES looks ARE Important and YES women DO care about looks.....Before anyone answers....avoid saying "awwww a girl will come soon" blah blah stick to PRactical advice over the whole self esteem issue
mahon33

Postby ecgbeorht » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:48 am

Everyone's a little ugly, and not all people care about looks. If you want to change, anyone with any ugly face/ugly body can still look good or at least average by eating healthy and getting some exercise every once in a while.
ecgbeorht

Postby dalbert » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 am

Your esteem is low cause youre too worried about it. Your attitude based on your esteem is something women dont like. And looks are not important to ALL women. Im not that attractive but ive been with lots of women. Its because of my personality, not looks. Women can pick up on desperation and it drives them away. Gotts act like you dont care and they will come to you.
dalbert

Postby boice » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:57 am

Your esteem is low cause youre too worried about it. Your attitude based on your esteem is something women dont like. And looks are not important to ALL women. Im not that attractive but ive been with lots of women. Its because of my personality, not looks. Women can pick up on desperation and it drives them away. Gotts act like you dont care and they will come to you.
Be better than everybody else in your own unique way. If your not good at talking you could practice talking to the girl. If you honestly feel your not that attractive you could make up for it in personality and talent.
boice

Postby torre » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 am

beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. you may think you look ugly but maybe not in someone else's eyes.
torre

Postby enlai » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 am

That's life
enlai

Postby amot » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:06 am

Well if you hate being skinny then i suggest eating alot and getting ALOT of protein. You can get it from protein shakes, meat, pills etc., Also you cant just become good looking over night and stop obsessing over it. Because obviously its making you stress out. I would suggest what i told you. And maybe changing your physical apperances if you care so much? Hope i helped.
amot

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem