Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How can i convince my parents to let me dye my hair?

Postby ashby29 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:47 pm

im 14 and going to be a highschool freshman in less than a week. I have always want to dye my hair and my mom said "maybe when your older". For my 14th birthday i got blonde highlights on my medium brown hair, but now they're faded and my roots are halfway down my head. So how can i get my parents,(mostly my mom) to let me dye my hair. The colour doesnt matter to me as long as its different and not bright orange. :p My mom has this idea that because i want to express myself with a different colour, that i have self esteem and bad body image issues. Am i the only one who thinks thats a little over-exaggerated? I don't want to do it behind their backs because they are VERY strict and i would never be allowed to go out other than school anymore. I am an average teen. I dress like most teenage girls my mom is strict about it so sometimes i change at school but nothing slutty or anything like that. i get good grades, around an 80 average. There are much worse things i could be doing. But my mom insists that i cant get it done even if i pay for it which i can afford since i have a job. So please suggestions to how i can convince my mom to let me dye my hair? (: and i dont want anything like "wait til your 18" oh and i really want it done before school starts so the new people i meet are used to me with it so its not a big shock. please and thanks:)
ashby29

Postby witter » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:54 pm

I got highlights for my first time at twelve. so everyone can shut up. lol. and just ask them as like a bday present or for doing well in school, tell them you'll pay, go in small steps like highlights, and let them approve of the color.
witter

Postby allan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:58 pm

tell them you'll pay for it, but don't get too crazy of a color right now =P maybe start with a soft color, like do highlights or your tips at first. Also, make sure it's a semi-permanent dye so it'll wash out with a few showers.
allan

Postby landmari28 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:59 pm

tell them you'll pay for it, but don't get too crazy of a color right now =P maybe start with a soft color, like do highlights or your tips at first. Also, make sure it's a semi-permanent dye so it'll wash out with a few showers.
well you could dye your hair if u want to but make sure it dosent go DARK green lol
landmari28

Postby gottfried76 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:07 pm

hey tip for typing info on yahoo answers, dont write a big blob, no one will read it or wanna answer it
put it in small separate paragraphs

as for the how, just do it. what are they going to do if you do besides get mad and grow a fit. now, if they are the angry, ima beat u kind of parent, then ya...good luck, but in the end, whats done is done.

worse case scenario is getting kicked out, beat up, or waking up to your parents dying ur hair back at night or cutting it all off
gottfried76

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem