Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

How Can A Person With High Metabolism Gain Weight?

Learn about Food Metabolism

Postby Buddy » Fri May 19, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm a small 5'1" girl and only weigh 90 lbs..(pounds)

My doctor and parents say that my weight is fine for my body height and stature (naturally petite), but I always look ridiculously skinny, even though i eat so much! I eat so much food but my metabolism is so fast that I never gain weight.. :( How can I gain more weight? (if you even think I SHOULD gain weight~)
Buddy

Postby Scott » Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 pm

You're at a healthy weight, but if you think you would be healthier a little larger, I don't think thats a problem. Start adding more carbs and fat to your diet, but be sure they are healthy carbs! You don't need to just go eating burgers and fries. Brown rice, whole grain bread, and cous cous are all good choices. Adding fats from nuts, seeds and oils (coconut, sesame, canola, olive) is a good choice too. You'll gain weight slowly, but it will be healthy weight gain. Adding all those oils and fats will probably make your hair and skin feel awesome too, so its a win-win!
Scott

Postby Keilan » Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Eat food like I do
Keilan

Postby Gormant » Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Please let me be you? I have unfortunately been giving the "I just have to sniff cake to put on weight" gene. Embrace it :) Honestly! A lot of people would love to be that thin, and you're obviously eating lots so no one will judge you. Its a healthy weight too so nothing to worry about :)

Try proteing shakes? Or high-calorie foods? Maybe exercise lots and build up muscle?

I'm not sure, but i don't think you really have to do anything.
Gormant

Postby Ivo » Fri May 19, 2017 5:28 pm

A high metabolism means that you utilize calories at a faster rate; therefore you need more weight gaining nutrients and higher caloric intake than someone with a slower metabolism. If you exercise a lot, or are a naturally thin person, you may have already identified that you have a high metabolic rate. If that is the case, count your calories for a week and see how many you really are ingesting. If you aren't gaining any weight, you now have a benchmark from which to go. Once the extra calories and nutrients are maintained weight gain can be expected.
Ivo

Return to Food Metabolism