Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Help me! I'm in a love triangle and I'm so confused and can't make up my mind!!?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Help me! I'm in a love triangle and I'm so confused and can't make up my mind!!?

Postby lon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm stuck between two amazing guys; guy #1 aka Mr.Type A; I was with for 6 years, we had some really great times and some really really bad times. I pretty much grew up with him, we started dating when I was 16 and he had been there for every big moment in my life, and I was always there for him. It made me happy to make him happy, which in return ended bad on my part, He never really appreciated the things I did for him, and I got sick of being taken for granted. I would complain and fight about it and towards the last 2 years of our relationship I was so unhappy but I couldn't live without him. I became depressed. I gained weight and was really unhappy with myself and everything in my life, I even failed out of college because I couldn't get motivated to do anything! I did end up cheating on him and that sent me deeper into depression because I never wanted him to find out. Well he did end up finding out we broke up. In the end he saw everything that he did and felt so bad taking me for granted and not helping me when I was depressed. He wanted to make it better take me back to our better years and I know I was happy then and I guess it could happen again. But here's the kicker; guy #2 aka Mr.Fun saw I was depressed and he hated seeing me upset, He took me under his wing and showed me how to have fun again, made me feel sexy again and we have a lot of shared interests. I have been in a relationship with him and I have strong feelings for him, but He does not have his crap together at all! That drives me crazy, b/c I want to be taken care of and Mr. Type A wants to do that, but me and Mr. Fun have a great time together and he makes me feel like no one else ever has. So what the hell do I do?? I have been talking to both of them for some time and I cant make up my mind who I should be with. They both know about each other and are both patient with me for me to make up my mind. It makes me so confused because they are so very different, and the sex is better with Mr.Fun but the life day to day is better with Mr.Type A. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? I don't want to hurt anyone, and I need to move forward with my own life as well. Some tell me I should just leave both of them behind, but I can't do that. and right now I can't even see my life without the both of them in it. Help me please!!
lon

Postby lon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:09 pm

What a terrible tricky situation! Ok, Mr. Type A had his chance and made you somewhat unhappy through a big part of your relationship. Its always when things end, that the ex will say "I'll change, it'll be different this time, I realise my mistakes....etc. etc." Whether he will follow through on this remains to be seen, you can't just take him at his word, he would have to put it into practise and really prove himself. But obviously, in order to do this, you would have to get back with him and give him the chance. What worried me about what you said about Mr. Type A though, is this: You say that you want to be "taken care of" and that he wants to do that. Being in a relationship with someone is not about being "taken care of", its about give and take. If you only want him for his newfound "stability" and the hope that he'll be there to "look after you", then that is not the relationship for you. You need to stand on your own to feet and NEVER rely on anyone to "take care of you". That is something you need to do for yourself. At the moment you seem to be having a lot of fun with "Mr. Fun". In fact it sounds like you're happier with him that you have been your past relationship. So why not carry on like this? He may not "have his crap together" but hes certainly making you happy, and you seem to be depression-free while you're with him. But seriously, you HAVE TO CHOOSE! You can't keep stringing them both along. Its not fair on either of them. And besides, sooner or later, one (or both) of them are going to get tired of waiting around for you to make up your mind, and you risk losing them both. It really is time to choose. And from what you've written in your post, I say go with "Mr. Fun"! Even if it doesn't work out, who knows whats in store for you down the road? Mr Type A might still be single and you could decide to give it a go with him. or you could meet someone different whos even better for you than both of these guys! For the moment though, be happy with Mr. Fun. Good luck!
lon

Postby denton » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Do pro and cons list. whts most inportant to you. fun or the guys life together?? once u figure out wht YOU want in a guy process of elimations! the right guy will come. or if u want to make sure they will stay.. put them through little tests. like girls do when they want to see if there guy will stay if they have no makeup and sweats.
denton

Postby videl97 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Whoever makes you much happier , and who can take care of you too . But if someone makes you that depressed that is absolutely not healthy at all . So if i was you i would go with Mr. Funn . But it is whoever makes you happy.
videl97

Postby bertolde86 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Mr. Type A seems like the kinda guy who'd stay with you your whole life and care for you unlike mr. fun who seems like the kinda guy who use you for sex then dump you when he sees someone sexier than you...
bertolde86

Return to Depression & Weight Loss