Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Help.. Bulimia..?

Discuss Bulimia

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Scandleah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:04 am

For the past 7 months or so I have been making myself throw up.. a LOT. Sometimes up to 10 times a day.. I eat something.. i throw it back up. theres been about 5 days where i HAVENT thrown up.I barely eat anything when im out (because i cant throw it up) so my friends think im weird that im still 'fat/normal' and 'i dont eat'. In the past 12 months ive been working out a LOT, 5-6 days a week and dieting but it never worked for me and then i just began throwing up.. I work out less because i have a part time job and i have no motivation. im still fat and i want to stop throwing up but i cant . i have 0 self control. Sometimes I want to throw myself infront of a train or jump off a big building.. I have nothing to look forward to and im very lonely. i have no good close friends :(

I need help.. and im not getting counselling. Any tips to stop myself from vomitng/feel better/actually make good close friends?
Scandleah

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Adejola » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am

You definately need to see a counselor or psychologist.
You need to talk to a professional who can help you with your problem.
It seems to me that you don't just have an eating disorder, but other problems with self-esteem.
Talking to a professional will help you get to the root of your problem and allow you to take control of the situation as well as feel better about yourself.
Bulimia is something that you will have to struggle with all your lives.
Seeing a psychologist will help you better handle your bulimia, but that does not mean that it won't be a fight every time you eat.
I hope that things get better for you soon.
Good luck :)
Adejola

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Victoriano » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 am

You need to call Kids Help Line of LifeLine or something and get help from a professional. Do some research about the damage it can do to your body. That might help deter you.
Victoriano

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Firman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:08 am

I know you are probably embarrased by the whole situation, and you find it hard to talk to somebody, but remember the longer you wait the more you destroy your body, speak to someone that you are close too, or if not call an agency where they do not know you , its not simple to stop on your own so you are going to need help, you need to work on your self esteem first before anything can work.
Firman

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Heathcliff » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am

I really feel for you.

I had bulimia from age 15 till age 20.
It is horrible.
I was very similar.

My advice is as follows;

1. Tell someone - like mum if you are close.
That was my very first step because then you have to admit it and you see that people still love you and that you are not disgusting (which is how you feel).
Most of all you are not keeping a secret and feeling so guilty about it.

2. Get help - there are groups that can help and counsellors.
Look up in your country (I am in australia and we have a group for anorexia and bulimia that you can call and they give you information on who you can talk to etc.

Start to work on your self esteem.
Really make this year about learning to like yourself again.
The first step in doing this is to make a list of things about yourself that you like, things you are good at, strengths, positive qualities etc.
I know it may be difficult but it is essential.
You may not even believe them when you write them but once they are written (and add to them as you think about them) read them and start to believe them.

Try to work out why you dont like yourself.
Did you have a parent that rejected you or doesnt ever praise you? Something in your life has caused this and it is good to find out what it is - firstly so you can work on it and secondly to help you see that it is not just you being disgusting (which is probably what you think) but that this is a coping method for you for the stress in your life.

It does take time and dont worry if you have a set back once you start to notice an improvement.
It does happen and the worst thing to do is to beat yourself up if you do slip up and do it again.
IT takes time.

Know that it can do a lot of damage.
It can wreck your teeth, it can damage your throat (my throat has never been the same and i still get sore throats sometimes and I am 35 now.
I did it a lot longer though - I was really messed up.
I hope you get help now and that will make it easier for you).

I pray for you that you find it in your heart to like yourself, to forgive yourself and I pray that you get through this quickly and easily.
I pray that you dont live a life of dieting, binging whatever.
THERE IS A BETTER WAY!!!

Take care and I really hope this helps.

I did finish answering and then i thought of a couple more really important things;

1. Stress can really contribute to this - sometimes depression is involved too and often depression occurs from stress.
So try to remove any unecessary stress in your life and get enough sleep because this will help with that

2. Exercise is really great - not to lose weight mind you!!! But just to feel healthy and energised.
It also helps if you feel stressed or down (which is does sound like you are).
Brisk walking a few times a week is enough eg. 20 - 30 minutes only.
Heathcliff

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Northrop » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

Bulimia is not only binging and purging there's a lot extra to eating complications. that is having an risky relationship with foodstuff, even if that be overeating, purging what you eat, limiting, ravenous. Bulimics do not unavoidably ought to binge to purge. you've EDNOS it really is eating affliction no longer in the different case targeted. i have been scuffling with an ED for over 3 years now and that is not any longer some thing all of us ought to ever become in touch with. that is not any longer glamorous or pleasant and also you is not at liberty with it. you should pass see a psychologist. i understand some human beings won't be able to because of particular motives yet i do not forget that the position I stay there is an area reported as Headspace the position 12-25 year olds can receive help. that is loose because it runs by our wellbeing plan. i'm hoping this helped sweetie. stay good
Northrop

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Daveon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 am

Hey im really sorry to hear this, sounds like ur really in the shits.

I dunno what ur reltionship is like with ur parents, but if its good...TELL THEM!

If not...you're going to have to try really hard to stop yourself from throwing up. Ive done alot of research on bulimia, and it is a really hard cycle to break.

I really recommend finding someone you can tell. It will be so much easier for you if dont deal with it alone.

I dont know how much your trying to loose or how much you weigh now...but i can tell you some facts that might help you.

- When you starve yourself, your body goes into survival mode and clings to every tiny piece of food you eat, making it harder for you to actually loose weight.

- Making yourself throw up is incredibly dangerous and slowly eats away at your throat because of all the gastric juices you are throwing up as well as the food. It also can make your teeth rot and when you dont eat much, you end up throwing up parts of your stomach lining aswell.

- You should excercise as much as you eat....so counting calories is actually a good thing for you. There are plenty of guides that tell you how many calories are burnt in each excercise, so aslong as you just excersie as much as you eat you will loose weight.

- its also good to exercise every second day instead of every day because your body needs time to relax in between. You will loose more weight this way too.

- The good amount of weight you should try to loose each week is about 1 kilo, no more...this is a very reasonable figure.

Well i hope you get through this, you will feel so much better about yourself if you do.

One more thing to consider, is try not to compare yourself to really thin girls and models. Instead, look at all the serioualy overweight people around and just be grateful thats not you.
Daveon

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Teyen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am

Well I suggest that you'll consult a psychiatrist. Bulimia is a psychological eating disorder which can be VERY dangerous if not treated for so long..

My friend was bulimic too. She has been throwing up everything. Her doctor advised her to drink water or eat some "appetizers" or candies if you feel as if you have the urge to throw. Well, that's for the physical process.

For the mental process of curing bulimia, avoid thinking those "girlish" things like "I'm fat", "I'm ugly", and so on... Think that you don't have bulimia and it will just disappear. I promise!

Well, good luck!
Teyen

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby vasilios » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

You need to have an honest discussion with your parents or another trusted adult about what's been happening to you and how you've been feeling about yourself.
Your parents will know the correct course of action to take.
If you feel like jumping off a building or throwing yourself in front of a train then I suggest calling your local crisis center.
They have volunteers working there that will listen to you without making judgments.

As far as making friends...the only way that is going to happen is when you start feeling good about yourself.
When you start liking yourself other people will too.
But you must take care of your immediate problem first which is addressing the issues that lead to bulimia.
Good luck.
vasilios

Help.. Bulimia..?

Postby Burbank » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:24 am

If you want to stop then stop.
It is as simple as that.
Also go to a counselor for whatever is going on in your head sweetie.
Burbank

Next

Return to Bulimia