Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Has Anyone Here Had Lap-band Surgery?

Discuss Lap Band Surgery

Postby Nathanael » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 am

Obesity surgery-like gastric bypass /lap band surgery / stomach stapling and gastrectomy have become very common now. My cousin got her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in India. She has lost more than 65 lbs in 5 months and is very happy with the results. The price for obesity surgery is very less in India. My cousin just paid 25% of the cost she was quoted in America. She got her surgery from a company called Forerunners Healthcare. Forerunners Healthcare is very famous in India.

I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines. I have read a lot of their patient stories also. They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low cost, as obesity surgery and weight loss surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. As a doctor I personally believe that your Obesity surgery can be easily handled in India.

Many patients travel from United States of America and UK to get low cost Obesity surgery in India. Indian corporate hospitals are comparable to hospitals anywhere in the world. In fact, India has medical facilities that are comparable with the USA, UK and Canada. India offers World Class Medical Facilities, comparable with any of the western countries. India has state of the art Hospitals and the best medical experts. With the best infrastructure, the best possible Medical facilities, accompanied with the most competitive prices, you can get the treatment done in India at the lowest prices.

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com

Hope this helps.
Nathanael

Postby MacAndrew » Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 am

your way too young, your still growing!!!!! i cant believe your mom has agreed to this, also by your pic you look a really nice healthy weight
MacAndrew

Postby Chason » Thu May 11, 2017 4:05 am

Wow, lapband surgery at 16! I don't really think it is a great idea as you are still growing.
Do the old boring diet & exercise thing.
The surgery will not give you a sense of achievement at having reached your goals.
Use the money to join a gym and attend some motivational seminars.
(but judging by your photo, you look fine).
Chason

Postby Chango » Thu May 11, 2017 4:06 am

i have heard of it but why not try diet and exercise first? that shoudl be a last resort thing to do in order to loose weight. as you knwo there are alot of complications with it. and hardly any complications with diet and exercise. a doctor who specializes in these procedures would be able to give you hr best answers though.

if you are going to die if you dont get the surgery how about going outside and taking a walk or somethgin right now. try diet and exercise first!! you are still young and growing. you will probably grow another 4 inches still and the weigth will distribute. 310 lbs is alot, but that doesnt matter. it depends how tall you are too. the best way to start is to cut out the junk food. (ice cream, chips, soda, ect) if you really want it eat a little bit of it. substitute wheat thins for chips. they are really tasty and come in many flavors. and yogurt for ice cream. ect make the right food choices

portion out your meals. meat should be no larger than the palm of your hand. and should only take about a handful of pastas and salads and such. (this includes snacks also) a snack i like its tasty and nutritious is apple and peanut butter(or celery).

try eating 6 small meals a day. eat a portion every 3 hours. this will prevent you form feeling hungry then wanting to over eat and take in too many clories

and just go on walks everyday for abotu a half hour. listen to some music. instead of watching tv or sitting on the computer. you shoudl try diet and exercise first before going through somethign so drastic at such a young age.
Chango

Return to Lap Band Surgery